Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #41
Jason1701

ok if anyone has beaten this game i just need a lil bit of help im pretty sure i am suppose to get the ghebraant into the alliance and i know they are looking for a new home but is there some home planet for them where you can speak to somthing other then a drone? all the drones will say is homeworld is used up or somthing like that and cant get any other info out of them its really starting to irritate me
Jason1701 is offline                         Send a private message to Jason1701
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #42
Paulusma

It's like this game, because it gives you a lot of freedom to do your own thing.
But it lacks depth, and is too short.

**** Sploiler Alert! ****

Deresta
Homeworld: 045, 084 Boobolla
Pirates attack you at some random point after you get the quest. Be sure not to destroy the ship with the Deresta on board, like i did (save prior to battle).

Ventu
Homeworld: 084, 048
Prisoners: 084, 111
The thoughest fight in the game. You'll have to fend off 9(!!!) superior ships.
Not much tips i can give, other than that the computer AI responds to your ship's movements in a certain way. I reccomend attacking purely with the Cannon, unless you want to soften them up with pods (which cost a lot of fuel).
Also, work a lot with he [A] and [D] keys (accelerate and decelerate).
Once upon the surface, don't bother shooting down the enemy but raise shields and retrieve the scientists.

Kaynik
Homeworld: 144, 072 Kaniyaki (i think)
Surrender 3 times to get them to ally themselves with you.

Ghebraant
Homeworld: 030, 045 Hive IV
New planet: 117, 111
There are several plantes available for colonisation by the Ghebraant. But most of them have already been discovered by others, thus making them unavailable for the Ghebraant.
It's important that you have the quest for the Ghebraant. Go to the coördinates and travel to the green planet, furthest away from the sun. When asked to whom you'd like to "give" it to, choose Ghebraant.

Now the alliance is complete. The Skeetch hear of it and send in a Dreadnaught. It's invulnerable to normal weapon so you'll have to find the disformed ex-pilot Nodel. Talk to him and ask about the Dreadnaught. Eventually he'll give you these coördinates and this password;
Warship: 156, 066
Password: 29lnr1

To fight the Dreadnaught you'll have to fly around randomly for a bit. But, it's very important to have your entire Cargo Hold filled with fuel. Because the special cannon uses 50 m3 every time you use it.
Well, fighting it, seems to be depending on luck mostly. I attacked it 4 times. 3 times i had several of it's systems disabled, but when i came across it again, it was fully repaired.
The 4th time it was just bright red, and suddenly it exploded when i shot at it again. Save your game prior to battle, is my advice.

**** End Spoiler Alert! ****

-Jaap-Jan

Old 25-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #43
Baeron

Thanks for posting the spoilers.

Also, a "nice" way of getting alot of money. First, sell the particle gun and shield from your explorer. You should then have 21,000 credits. Go to Boobolla (045,084), and talk to their ground defense. Pick a humble attitude and ask a few questions. Next, go to a city and do the same thing. I tended to pick naive when trading with them. At this point you should be able to purchase doltinker for 22 credits. If you cant, find some other derestra to talk to. I don't haggle because it can make them mad with the volume I buy and they would raise the price back up. Spend all your money on buying it. Then return to the outpost and sell the doltinker for 50 credits each. At this point I sell the engine from the starship and buy a class 3 engine for it. Next, make this trade run until you have more than 38,000 credits.

By this point you should have analysed the 3 lifeforms on the planet. One of them, which has one foot and antlers and I call a hopper, you can buy for 67 credits and sell for 110 credits at the outpost. They also take up 0.2 space. Trade hoppers until you have more than 300,000 credits. (this should take a few runs, I did this by day 42.) On the next trade run you can buy a full cargo hold of hoppers. This will net you 186,000 credits, enough to outfit your ship and explorer with all class 3 equipment, plus you still have the 300,000 to buy hoppers for future money. I made the run once more to send earth 50,000 credits, fill up on stabilium and have pleny of extra for crew salaries.

B

Old 20-06-2006, 12:47 AM   #44

how do i get the quest from the ghebraant to help them find a new world?

Old 11-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #45
malkari
Lurker

yeah its a great game even tho the graphics are a bit outdated ,btw this is a brill site thanks all.
if you are hard up cash there is a cheat available also you can use cheatfinder v1.3 k:

ps has anyone got the solution i be grateful if anyone could email it to me
malkari is offline                         Send a private message to malkari
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #46
HomerDOHSimpson

Tipps for battle...

Harvest every Mineral you can find to buy better weapons <_< (Accell-Cannon seems very effective) and shields.

Question.

As i shoot down 1 of 2 attackers and the reinforcement. The other flee from the screen. After looting the other 2 i pursued the other. He was damaged but there was no battle music - he turned FRIENDLY - i didn't know. I shot him down and after that Cassy doesn't speak to me anymore "No one likes a dictator".
(ok the question comes now)
How can i deal with spoiled crew members?

edit: This dictator thing seem to happen if your crew isn't paid.
HomerDOHSimpson is offline                         Send a private message to HomerDOHSimpson
Old 17-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #47

SPOILER ALERT!

I played this game back when it was new. I still remember to this day an easter egg of sorts

Head off to 072, 003 sometime. Try surrendering too.

Old 20-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #48
Francois424

YToo bad we cant get the improved engine and the gun before he gives us the password. I am at the ship now (with a music that sounds a lot like a previous starflight music) imputing correct password and dosent work... that's too bad.

Thanks for the Dosbox tips, it's fun how much I missed this game ^^

Old 24-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #49
axm

Default Gathering resources/ bio analysis controls.

Took me a long time to figure out you have to right click while "maneuvering" to change the exit cursor to the "gather cursor" that is mentioned in the manual. Click left with it when you are above something (remember a/d for speed manipulation in case).

Lifeforms can be analized when in cargo (gathered/bought) within the medical menu.
axm is offline                         Send a private message to axm
Old 24-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #50
axm

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_lobo View Post
Well, I think that the problem is in the choice of the weapon you make.
I had the same problem, using the cannon the Skeetch turns completely red easily, but after this nothing happens. I have the most advanced cannon and wave installed. Sadly, both of them are weak against damping. The particle is said to be weak against shields, but I can only install it on the explorer, not the spaceship.

Anyway, after the Skeetch is red, nothing of the cannon/wave had any noticeably effect on it, only using the homing missiles that use 10 fuel per shot (which are supposed to deal "damage of all three types" turned it gradually black. I think I wasted more than 100 fuel until it eventually was defeated (and it hailed me again demanding surrender after it was already plundered and definately noone aboard still alive ). A single canno homing missile thing that uses 10 fuel a shot destroyed it then.

The pirates I fought afterwards were damaged as one would expect, hope this is just an occasional glitch and not every battle against Skeetch.
axm is offline                         Send a private message to axm