Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #2391
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Ah ok thanks for the info k:

160K then really isnt that bad for a military weapon system. Also since SWORDS is not putting any US troops lives at risk I think its money well spent.
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 23-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #2392
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Transport Tycoon - After year 2000 (only if you have disasters on) ufos land randomly near rails... and are blasted to smithereens by a black skyranger.
Someone of the TT line got some X-Com base in the map. I dont remmeber what they demand and what they produce.
Old 24-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #2393
yavn70
Lurker

I am a newbie to this game and I love it.
Somehow I do not manage to use stun rods. I get close to the alien, I have enough time units, but when I click on stun nothing happens: cursor returns to "movement" box mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
yavn70 is offline                         Send a private message to yavn70
Old 24-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #2394
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

The stun Rod simply didn't stun the alien - so you have to give it another shot - same as hitting an alien with a rifle, and watch as it is still standing...

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 24-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #2395
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by yavn70@May 24 2006, 05:16 PM
I am a newbie to this game and I love it.
Somehow I do not manage to use stun rods. I get close to the alien, I have enough time units, but when I click on stun nothing happens: cursor returns to "movement" box mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
It's just like hit points. Every normal attack takes hit points down -they're indicated as a red bar- and once they reach 0 the target -alien, X-com operative- is dead. Well, in order to stun a target you've got to cause it as many hit points as it's got remaining, with a stunning weapon. When you hit a target with a stunning weapon, instead of decreasing its hit points -red bar- you fill the red bar with a white bar. Once the white color has filled the remaining red bar, the target is inconscious.

This way you can see how many hits you need to stun a target with the stun rod, and you can see as well whether any of your operatives is close to fainting -due to stunning attacks, smoke inhalation, etc.-. Later in the game you'll get to research more powerful, alien stunning weapons.
Old 25-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #2396
jarda

Do you can advise to me, how can I find the alien base????? Please, please, please.

Old 25-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #2397
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by jarda@May 25 2006, 06:21 PM
Do you can advise to me, how can I find the alien base????? Please, please, please.
The way to discover an alien base's location is dispatching an interceptor to PATROL near over it during a little time. That's easy, now the key is learning the approximate whereabouts of a base, because you can't scan the whole map of the world.

Once you've researched Hyperwave Decoder, you're told which mission each UFO is devoted to. If you let it land a UFO whose mission is "Alien Base", it will build a base where it landed. So if you dispatch an interceptor to patrol over that point afterwards, you'll discover the base. If you detect a UFO whose mission is "Alien Supply", it's going to re-supply an existing base, so let it land -you can take it down once it takes off again- and that's the area you must patrol later.

If you don't have Hyperwave Decoder, check out the locations where UFOs land and then take off again. They might be involved in merely "Alien Research" missions or others, but you should patrol that area in case they've just built a base.
Old 26-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #2398
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by yavn70@May 24 2006, 03:16 PM
Somehow I do not manage to use stun rods. I get close to the alien, I have enough time units, but when I click on stun nothing happens: cursor returns to "movement" box mode.
Also keep in mind that you need to be on the tile next to the alien and face it before you can try stunning it.
And of course you'll need to see your soldier has lost time units after attempting to stun an alien, then at least you know he tried.
Old 26-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #2399
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by jarda@May 25 2006, 04:21 PM
In addition to Japofran's hints, every now and then you'll automatically be informed about the location of an alien base (a message stating X-Com agents have discovered the location of an alien base + a pink square on the globe view). That takes quite some time though...
Old 26-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #2400
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

another way is too look on graphs, see where activity is high, and then patrol that area with the interceptor.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor