Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #11
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Hmm... Seeing how the general public in Abandonia speaks more English than they speak German, I don't know hoe putting a German game on the site will be appreciated....

But maybe that crack you mentioned can be used on the game already on the site? It's worth a shot.

And the game is abandonware, so you can do whatever you wish with it :wink:
Old 20-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #12
Anonymous

Hmm, I think the German version would be great too, at least better than none, and most fans of the trilogy are German, cause this game is based on a RPG-system very popular in germany, DSA. Anyway, If it could b put up somewhere (Don't know where), it would be pretty nice for all German speaking people out there.

Old 20-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #13
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wirklich?

Du meinst das ich hier Deutsch schreiben kann, und dass die Leute in Abandonia.com wurde alles verstehen?

Ja, ich weiss dass Sternenschweif ein Deutsches Spiel ist, und dass viele von die Fans aus Deutchland kommt... Aber ich habe einen slechten Gefühl über Spiele in Abandonia die Deutsch als Sprache benutzen...

Das ist alles...
Aber, wurde Kosta nichts dagegen haben, dann ist es OK vor mir auch.

:P
Anyone got that?
Old 20-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
Anonymous

Haha, selten in nem Forum Deutsch zu schreiben, und das obwohl ich Franzose.Luxemburger bin!

Well, if anybody could host the German Version of the game it would be great, even though it wouldn't appeal to most of the abandonia fans. I really hope someone can find the English version, but for the time being, a german version somewhere on the net would be VERY helpfull.

hope some of you agree.

Backfish

Old 20-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #15
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Wirklich?

Du meinst das ich hier Deutsch schreiben kann, und dass die Leute in Abandonia.com wurde alles verstehen?

Ja, ich weiss dass Sternenschweif ein Deutsches Spiel ist, und dass viele von die Fans aus Deutchland kommt... Aber ich habe einen slechten Gefühl über Spiele in Abandonia die Deutsch als Sprache benutzen...

Das ist alles...
Aber, wurde Kosta-del-sol nichts dagegen haben, dann ist es OK vor mir auch.

:P *
Anyone got that?
I understand german perfectly (everyday german that is... not poetic german) but I can't write it and, compared to most people I know, I speak it rather well (albeit with an english accent according to my father)

next year I'm going to learn German in school with my favourite teacher, so... yay

EDIT: on topic now: a lot of abandonware sites have games in other languages (usually german or japanese RPG's)
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 20-05-2004, 08:30 PM   #16
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmm... I'll have to take it into consideration...

If people would like me to find the German version of the game, please inform me. (I already have it on CD-Roms, but since I can't crack those... I will have to find it on the net).

I just came to think about a game, when you said some lists games in Japaneese, The Picard asked for the game Star Wars II... and that is (as far as I know) only released in that language.

Maybe we should open a Poll, to see whether or not to put up games that uses a different language than English...
Old 22-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #17
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The manual for the game is now on the site.

Unfortunately, it does not contain the minimum requirements for character creation, as I thought. Apparantly, in this game, you just try and try until you get it right. Luckily they changed that in the sequel.

The manual holds a lot of other interesting information, though... so download it as soon as you see this post.
Old 23-05-2004, 06:30 AM   #18
FreeFreddy

I have a document in Write-format on the CD of the game. There is all the other info abot the game that's not in the manual itself, as there are: all the requirements of character creation, detailed description of all spells (what stats affect the spell, what it does, and text-description of it), suggestions what characters are good for what actions of the game, just all the most needed information and it is fully detailed.
There is just one problem - it's in German!
Anyway if you could use it, ask me, i'll send it then to you.

Old 23-05-2004, 06:39 AM   #19
FreeFreddy

Hey, that manual of the game you wrote of, that's not true: it contains all of the character creation requirement, more at the end of the file, and there is all needed description of spells too... The german manual I have there is empty nutshell compared to this one (but luckily I have the manual in Write-format).
So I guess then, that document of mine will be not needed. 8)

Old 23-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #20
FreeFreddy

Damn, I write too much... Anyway you said you have the German version on CD, but no password-info, I am right?. The German manual I have contains the needed password-information for the game, of course in German. Ask if you need the file (.pdf-format, 470 KB).