Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-12-2004, 11:02 AM   #1
Gormash
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

I run Win2k (sp4) on my computer, and this leads to two games I'm unable to run.

I have "Worms Armageddon" and "Incubation", two games that run under Win95. Unfortunately they are not compatible with neither DOS nor Win NT OS'es.

Does anyone out there know how to fix this?
Gormash is offline                         Send a private message to Gormash
Old 23-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #2
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

There's a beta patch which gives Worms Armageddon compatibility with Windows 2000 and XP.

Go to http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/ and get the official 3.0 patch and the beta patch (currently 3.6.22.1). Apply the official patch first, then the beta patch, and it should run fine.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 23-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #3
Gormash
Abandonia nerd

Thanks, that takes care of one problem... :w00t:

Incubation, however, is still on the no-play list. I really want to get this one to work!
Gormash is offline                         Send a private message to Gormash
Old 24-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
feminista
Abandonia nerd

Does 2000 have compatibility settings like XP? If you right click on an executable and go to "Properties", then click the "Compatibility" tab, there are a bunch of options there for running older games. Set it to Win95 compatibility, and then maybe the color/resolution settings, depending on the game. I know on a few computers, Monkey Island 3 will have skipping sound without Win95 compatibility on, and Torin's Passage and Space Quest 6 wouldn't run for me without it. It doesn't work for DOS games (sound is still really bad), but if they worked in Win95, there's a chance you could fix them up with those compatibility settings.

(This post is actually to show off my new avatar =P).
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista
Old 25-12-2004, 05:08 AM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by feminista@Dec 24 2004, 06:40 PM
Does 2000 have compatibility settings like XP? If you right click on an executable and go to "Properties", then click the "Compatibility" tab, there are a bunch of options there for running older games. Set it to Win95 compatibility, and then maybe the color/resolution settings, depending on the game. I know on a few computers, Monkey Island 3 will have skipping sound without Win95 compatibility on, and Torin's Passage and Space Quest 6 wouldn't run for me without it. It doesn't work for DOS games (sound is still really bad), but if they worked in Win95, there's a chance you could fix them up with those compatibility settings.

(This post is actually to show off my new avatar =P).
That's xp feature, if I'm right.

Did you try to use VDM Sound with it? Is there an error? Tell us more.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
clovenhoof
Lurker

Default Compatibility / Win2k

Remeber I had this problem with 2k some long time ago when I used it also... check out http://support.microsoft.com/support....asp?ID=279792 actually the compatibility layer is included in 2k also, it's just not loaded by default.
clovenhoof is offline                         Send a private message to clovenhoof