Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-07-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
Runespawn

Send a message via MSN to Runespawn

Some of the games (like Beneath A Steel Sky) are linked to a new/different site called AR - I don't seem to be able to download the games. Also, downloading the Amiga/C64 versions of games require a different emulator (it seems). There's one, which I can't download for whatever reason, from lemonamiga.com. I'd imagine it's really simplistic, but can anyone help me out?! Cheers.
Runespawn is offline                         Send a private message to Runespawn
Old 16-07-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

QUOTE(Runespawn @ Jul 16 2007, 05:21 AM) [snapback]299587[/snapback]
Quote:
Some of the games (like Beneath A Steel Sky) are linked to a new/different site called AR[/b]
This is because they are freeware games, here on Abandonia can be finded only Abandon Games (with some exceptions).

Quote:
I don't seem to be able to download the games.[/b]
I tried to download Beneath A Steel Sky from AR and "all seems" ok :blink: (with "all seems" i means : just clicked on the various link and after download is begun i stop it)
Try to download it in another moment or try to be more precise

Quote:
Also, downloading the Amiga/C64 versions of games require a different emulator (it seems).
[/b]
In fact, different emulators are required for Amiga and C64. As far as Amiga's Emulator you can download WinUAE from here. If you prefer other emulators just use google, there are various others (WinFellow come in my mind, for example).

I don't now if for C64 is the same... but for Amiga you also need to buy the ROM for the Kickstart (O.S. of the Amiga)
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 22-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Man_of_Mystery
Forum hobbit

you can also download the kickstart rom instead of buying it. But I won't tell you anything other then use google since it is technically illegal.
Man_of_Mystery is offline                         Send a private message to Man_of_Mystery