Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
FISHCHAIR
Abandonia nerd

:wallbash: the old Tomb raider games are Better than the "Crap" They brought out for the new Xbox and PS2. tomb raider for the PS2 was just pathetic how could they even call it tomb raider, it took me just over three days to compleat the game. Thats no joke, the new one for the 360 ok "StuningGraphics"with "superb lighting effects" is pretty good but its how the game plays is what counts ! they should have done a remake from the PS1 toomys with different levels. i dont understand what the programers are on these days I say its the playability that counts !. stick to the Origonal Ideas. i say if it aint Broke Dont fix it !
FISHCHAIR is offline                         Send a private message to FISHCHAIR
Old 04-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Javaguy
Abandonia nerd

I cant comment on the new ones, but TR III was superb, and chronicles just wasnt the same for me.
Javaguy is offline                         Send a private message to Javaguy
Old 04-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
FISHCHAIR
Abandonia nerd

you took the words right out of my mouth i couldnt have said it better, chronicals was poo, and toomy 3 was the best out of the lot, i tried to get all the secrets but never could, the funny thing about toomy 3 was when you started there was a secret just over on the left handside under a bush just before you started the big slid down.
FISHCHAIR is offline                         Send a private message to FISHCHAIR
Old 04-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAME-CRACK @ Jun 4 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]234222[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:wallbash: the old Tomb raider games are Better than the "Crap" They brought out for the new Xbox and PS2.
[/b]
If you're right, I'm a relly smart guy, cause I've played only the first Tomb Raider!

Being serious, I think that after the first episode (as for other game series) they made the sequels only to exploit the succes obtained... without using moreover the brain and the creativity...
Old 04-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

I read a book about the history of videogames. I don't remember the title, but it talked a lot about Tomb Raider. How they landed a huge hit with the first part and copied and copied in the following parts. Sure, Lara Croft is hot, but hellooo you need a good story for a good game. Sex is not the only thing that sells.
Did you ever wonder why the other parts took you all around the world, but the 4th one was situated entirely in Egypt? Ever thought about the time when The Mummy came out? And was a hit? Well, Tomb Raider was right after that. And it was in Egypt. Coincidence?

Really, the games keep getting worse. Graphics isn't everything. That's what I love this place for. Honoring the real gems. Those that people will remember.

EDIT:
By the way, I own parts 1 and 3. 3 was the only decent one of the follow ups.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 05-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Really, the games keep getting worse. Graphics isn't everything. That's what I love this place for. Honoring the real gems.[/b]
Ahmen jung Abandonia Padawan! May the DosBox be with you... :bleh:

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 05-06-2006, 02:38 AM   #7
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This Tomb Raider is more fun.
I hated the glitches in the first game (shudders at the second temple bear glitch in original) really, number Two in the Tomb Raider series was the best nostalgic wise, but I would never trade in the new one (Legends) for the number Two, it's just more fun.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 05-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I got so bored of angel of darkness i didnt even bother finishing it, but two has definately got to be my favourite. I was thinking about buying legends for PS2 sometime soon, but after this thread, i guess perhaps its a great day to save my pennies...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 05-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

I was always interested who put all the traps in those levels and how?? how did they make it?

like the infinitive number of darts or falling rocks how did those cultures set them up?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 05-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Personally, I quite liked the demo of Legend. Considering to get the full one for my birthday on 14th, actually.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman