Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

I know not what course others may take: But as for me, give me the liberty or give me the ham sandwich.

That being said, playing for tories is much easier.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

at least for a while...at end game it gets more pressure...that pesky time limit and then the french and Spanish get involved.

I like playing both sides once in a while
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 11-04-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
Unspoken

I have this game on Sega Genesis and it rocks. I used to play it about 8 hours a day and claim victory several times a week on both sides when I was a kid. Playing the Americans is far more gratifying though. They made their struggle realistic being undersupplied and outnumbered (as far as trained units go). However the American leadership and tactics are far superior and a competent strategy gamer will take this to full advantage.

This version is a major step down from the Genesis version obviously (due to the graphics mostly).

I give it 8/10 k:

Oh and one tip for people who play this.... ALWAYS try and have guerilla unit (like Ethan Allen or Daniel Morgan) and if possible an engineer like Knox. They make big difference for the US side. And if you have an expendable unit with a boat (like some of those boys in Connecticut), send some fireboats towards the navies -- it'll be worth it if you can sink 10-20 of their fleet over the course of the game.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Fistleaf

I always play on hard difficulty and the British are hardest to play with. The game tries to follow history and there are scripted events to increase American support (Declaration of Independence, Common Sense, Nathan Hale). In this game, support is everything as it gives you the money to pay your officers and prevents your commander-in-chief from being sacked.

To win as British, I have to take active actions to prevent the scripted events from happening, e.g. conquer Philadelphia (congress hq) within 1 year, raise support to at least keep a few states Loyalist.

As the Americans, all you need to do is to invade Boston immediately and capture the commander-in-chief (and imprison at least 2 of the best British officers in 1 blow). After that, just hold Philadelphia, wait for more American officers and militia to join you free of charge and get free foreign assistance also.

Old 19-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
Crimson Phantom

Hi, I used Dos Box to set up the game, but there's no sound. Do I have to install it? How do I do that?

Old 19-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You may need to configure the game. Look for EXE, COM and BAT files in the game directory other than the one that runs the game. If there is one that's called INSTALL, CONFIG or SETUP, run it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Crimson Phantom @ Jun 19 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]295100[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi, I used Dos Box to set up the game, but there's no sound. Do I have to install it? How do I do that?
[/b]
just run KOEI.COM instead of LIBERTY.EXE
Old 15-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #9
F_LeRoy

Default Help....

Hey guys, maybe 1 of you can help. I am playing this on WinXP, & there is no sound(no biggie). The real problem is that I don't have a manual for the game & I haven't even seen it since it was new on Nintendo. Therefore, I am lost when it comes to the conditions for being able to do things, i.e., troop training, going to battles, moving, etc. Is there a manual floating around somewhere, or can some1 give me the general guidelines ? On, a side note, this site pretty much kicks butt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F_LeRoy is offline                         Send a private message to F_LeRoy
Old 15-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

try looking on replacementdocs.com and for the sound run koei.com instead of liberty.exe