Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > General compatibility fixes
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #51
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I tried to run X-COM on it an the screen went wild, i colud hear the game very well, but the image was compressed on the top of the screen... I would like to know a way to solve this problem, and to slow down the processor, because a friend of mine said that the scroll speed is too fast when running this game with powerfull new processors, he tried to run it witrh dosbox, but it didn't work because it is a Windows version.
Some users reported success through disabling hardware scaling in their graphics card options.

Otherwise, just use the DOS version of the game under DOSBox.

Quote:
Another problem appeared when I tried to install Wizardry vii... for WinVista isn't compatible with Daemon Tools... I would like to play these games in my new laptop, so I need the some help...
Wizardry VII is a DOS game, so use DOSBox to run it. Incidentally, DOSBox features an integrated virtual drive functionality through the IMGMOUNT command.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #52
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Caputo View Post
Another problem appeared when I tried to install Wizardry vii... for WinVista isn't compatible with Daemon Tools... I would like to play these games in my new laptop, so I need the some help...
Oh really?

Quote:
DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for Microsoft Windows which provides THE best optical media emulation in the industry.
!! THIS VERSION SUPPORTS 32 AND 64 BIT OS (Microsoft Windows XP, Windows2003, Windows 2000, VISTA) !!
Get the latest version friend, works flawless in Vista (all of them, 32 ànd 64)
if yours doesn't work in Vista it only means you have an outdated version, nothing else.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 19-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #53
Daniel Caputo

Thanks guys!

Actualy, yesterday I decided to put use my brain and found downloaded the later version of Daemon Tools... My fault... I managed to put X-Com and savant to work in my new computer...

Actualy I had luck with ufo... There are to starting programs to run the game in the Windows version, one named UFO, and other named UFO Defense, I was using UFO Defence to start the game, and it was not working, but I accidentaly doubleclicked in UFO.EXE and the game started with no problems!!! It even had no problems with the scroll speed!!

Again guys, thanks...

Excelent work you are doing here!
Daniel Caputo is offline                         Send a private message to Daniel Caputo
Old 24-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #54
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Not sure if it's the right place in here. But since the thread is entitled "Vista Issues" I presume so.

Well, I've got the problem that my Vaio FE41M never stops its cooling fan. Another point, very annoying, is that the harddrive is working nearly all the time and cpu occupancy rate is around 70%.

Well I tweaked around a little bit and stopped processes in one form or another. Additionally I stopped Vista's indexing service... with little success.

In case of the fan I read that Sony implemented constant cooling instead of starting up the fan over and over again, cause the latter would be much more annoying for the user (???)...

Does somebody have similar experiences with vista, possibly even a solution?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 24-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #55
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

All joking aside... get XP. When XP was in Vista's shoes, it was similarly bad. Now it is the lesser of two evils. The fan thing probably can't be fixed because it would be a hardware thing.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 24-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #56
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Hm, nah, I think it's a bad idea to install XP on a system that is made to work with Vista.

Maybe the fan issue is a harwareproblem. I can't escape the feeling that it ran normal when I bought the notebook a year ago...

Besides these points I actually like Vista very much
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 25-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #57
dosraider
Dismembered.

One year isn't that long, but dust in ya system?
A dirty heatsink or restrained airflow can cause that kind of fan problem.

Certainly if you're a smoker ...... as I am ....

FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 25-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #58
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Well, this might be possible. But just blowing into the slots under my notebook wouldn't help, would it?
Old 25-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #59
dosraider
Dismembered.

Not to clean the fan and the heatsink, nope, usually it doesn't do the job.

FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
Old 26-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #60
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Maybe I'll send it in when I have a few weeks in which I don't need a PC... Cause I won't open it by myself as long there's some guarantee left