Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default Romance of the Three Kingdoms is back

This is both an oldie, and a newbie, so it probably belongs, here:

Burlingame, CA - April 23, 2008 - KOEI, recognized worldwide as the premier brand of strategy and action games, announced today that the Historical Simulation game, Romance of the Three Kingdoms®XI (RTK XI) is coming to Windows-based PCs for gamers throughout North America on July 29, 2008.

You can read it all, here. As this title is being released for PC in the US, I'm sure European distribution won't be far behind.

Damn good to hear this. The last Rot3K was #5. I can still remember when I finished a review of Balor of the Evil Eye, and was told by a Koei rep in Los Angeles that the company had abruptly informed him that it was closing down the US branch and stopping the manufacture of PC products.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
I LOVE NEDDA H
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
This is both an oldie, and a newbie, so it probably belongs, here:

Burlingame, CA - April 23, 2008 - KOEI, recognized worldwide as the premier brand of strategy and action games, announced today that the Historical Simulation game, Romance of the Three Kingdoms®XI (RTK XI) is coming to Windows-based PCs for gamers throughout North America on July 29, 2008.

You can read it all, here. As this title is being released for PC in the US, I'm sure European distribution won't be far behind.

Damn good to hear this. The last Rot3K was #5. I can still remember when I finished a review of Balor of the Evil Eye, and was told by a Koei rep in Los Angeles that the company had abruptly informed him that it was closing down the US branch and stopping the manufacture of PC products.
how could they make a real time strategy game of that super awesome romance of the 3 kingdom game... the only real good game was the first 1 anyway and if it wouldnt have been to easy and the difficulty hard wouldnt just bring the prices up and your money down and they would have automatic some things after you conquered over half of china, this would probably be one of the best game of history... how can you post it here thats so sad what they did.. hey the developers were japanese but this game made love chinese history.. i mean i liked it before but now im like addicted to it it so much more of that game what they did to the product is like a moron sleeping with your only love HoW COULD THAT HApPEN may koeir burn in hell for that!!!!

man how could were that little picture with the people mourning for the death of their leader or if you conquer whole china and commander whos life you spared cry so many death will they never been avengend and i thing there were woman at the end or something damn i loved that game... or all that awesome characters with there strength and weaknesses how could they destroy something so great they definetly deserve to burn in hell
I LOVE NEDDA H is offline                         Send a private message to I LOVE NEDDA H
Old 14-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
how could they make a real time strategy game of that super awesome romance of the 3 kingdom game...
It's easy, just as in the Europa Universalis and SimCity games. You click to stop the time, and click to restart it.

Quote:
the only real good game was the first 1 anyway
It was the toughest, as far as the AI goes, I'd agree. But a couple of the others on PC were very good.[/quote]

Quote:
how can you post it here thats so sad what they did...
What did they do? You mean, stop making PC titles? Retart making PC titles? Contact extraterrestials to destroy the earth? I'm not sure what you are referring to, here.
Old 14-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
You click to stop the time, and click to restart it.
that has to be pretty boring, to make the same things over and over
Old 14-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
that has to be pretty boring, to make the same things over and over
Feh, so "restart" has two meanings in English. That's what I love about this language. It's ambiguous enough to confuse anybody except me.
Old 15-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #6
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Bought it a week ago, and I've been enjoying it a great deal. The AI definitely isn't what it was in, say, Rot3K I and II, but it's pretty decent, and the sheer variety of things you can do is great. Really good game.
Old 17-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

And it still is roundbased as I read in an german article. It stated that the game is quite time-consuming. Even the tutorial would take several hours... Is that true?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 29-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
Mike Juby

I didn't want to bother with a topic on this but I noticed theres a few differences between the PC version and the SNES version. I'm wondering if someone could explain the key differences (I'll probably figure it out eventually but what the heck is rate and fort for, I can guess but I don't know how to adjust the rate (maybe it's the rice sales?) or build forts.
Mike Juby is offline                         Send a private message to Mike Juby
Old 30-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
Pox

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money.
RTK is an overblown whale, the people who play it are crack addicts with a controller, the AI is so beat into the ground on that series that the concept of actualy finding a challenge is impossible, unless you know someone who smokes the same brand of crack and is willing to smoke it for hours on end.

It takes no real forethought to win, in every RTK game I've played after the third one the concept is always the same, draft, drill, repeat, regaurdless of the officers involved their skills do not match the fact that with superior numbers you will likely always win.

Personaly the wife and I tried all the ps2 versions and gave them all away to my youngest brother, except ix, it has moving peices and simple game play keeps turns to a minimum.

XI is a joke, has few tactics and the colaboration of actual gameplay is pathetic, the third or first one was probably was the best in the series.
It has a pretty map, whew, thank god for beating a dead dog with a stick huh?
Old 31-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
Mike Juby

heh, I have a very addictive personality and have already blown hours on II, III and IV.
edit: I just realized that I posted this here, I typed in: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2, for a search and made the faulty assumption that all the threads were on it and not ROTK with a 2 anywhere.

Last edited by Mike Juby; 31-03-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Mike Juby is offline                         Send a private message to Mike Juby