Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up

Sorry if this problem was answered somewhere else before, like in the review or in the forums, I searched and found nothing. If it was then please don't close this thread before directing me to that place!(I've seen many cases like that)

Everytime I end a turn this error shows up, afterward the game continues as normal. The problem is that I can't save my game. Everytime I want to save this message shows up and the game isn't saved. Sorry if it's not enough information, thats all I know.

To run heroes I use Dosbox 0.63 with 6500 CPU cycles and 6 frameskips.
I use the "mount c -t cdrom" command to run the game. I use the original Dosbox configuration file. I once did try to raise the memory dosbox has up to 30mb then to 60mb... bu it didn't do anything! Anyway I think the normal 12mb memory is enough for this game.

Please help!!
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 01-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Data
retired

if you mount c as cdrom then there is no space on c
(Think off the ROM part in cdrom)

so you have to make 2 mounts
mount c directory
mount d directory -t cdrom
Old 02-07-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

So I need to mount a drive then to mount another drive with the Cdrom letter... Sorry I'm quite confused... which one should I choose later? I always thought it didn't matter which letter I use

mount c c:\games\heroes
mount g(my cdrom drive) c:\games\heroes -t cdrom [I usally only do this...]
c:

Is that what I need to do?

Edit:

Woohoo!!! It worked!! Thanks data, I did just like I said above. Now to kill some enemies! I already fight against brilient ones.
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
Data
retired

it's more common to mount the cdrom as D instead of G

Your real cdrom doesn't matter.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
MightWithMagic

Im having similar problem, only thing is that Im running the game (Homm3) on xp. It says could not create save game, or something like that. Autosaves and manual ones, same thing, cant do it.
So whats the problem, what should I do? There is enough disk space, more than 100 gigs, so is it too much for the game

Old 13-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In your case, dude, it's more like there is too much space on that HDD partition, and the game was not meant to run on drives that large so it just apes out.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #7

ok i have a problem in heroes and it says that the cd drive is unncaccesable but that shouldnt matter since the game is mounted in my c drive with plenty of space please help

Old 11-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #8
F_LeRoy

Unhappy Problem loading HoMM

After I downloaded Homm, I unzipped it into my dosbox\CDrive folder. I start Dosbox & type dir/w, then cd Heroes. I see the list of files & folders available. I type "heroes", which is the .exe file & it looks like it's loading & stops. I then get the message, " Unable to access CD Drive". I don't understand. All the other games work fine. Did I miss some special instruction somewhere ?? Please help !!!
F_LeRoy is offline                         Send a private message to F_LeRoy
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #9
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

According to the HOMM review on Abandonia, you also need to mount your cd-rom drive.

IMPORTANT!!!!! In order for the game to run you must mount your cdrom in DOSbox by using the following command: MOUNT * -t cdrom *:
* = your cdrom drive. (Most used d: and e
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 17-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I think it would be a good addition if Abandonia would just upload the windows ISO instead... it would save everybody a lot of trouble. Oh and I could provide it if necessary, I have the HOMM Platinum edition here. I could provide boxshots and cd shots.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister