Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2006, 06:02 AM   #1
Soulitude

Hey I have been an Lands of Lore fan for years, and am thinking of starting a mod project on the hl2 source engine continuing the Lore story. If anyone is interested reply here or email me at Dleitzen05@aol.com

This is urgent!!!
Soulitude is offline                         Send a private message to Soulitude
Old 27-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Dude. Don't post your e-mail in public using plain-text like that. Spambots can find it and then it'll get really nasty.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-06-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Aahhh.... just notice this thread today. Sadly, I don't think my computer is able to handle HL2 (I assume that's Half Life 2), but anyway I will look forward to this mod in the future. Do you have any website to show us?
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 30-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Soulitude

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Jun 29 2006, 05:07 AM) [snapback]240379[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Aahhh.... just notice this thread today. Sadly, I don't think my computer is able to handle HL2 (I assume that's Half Life 2), but anyway I will look forward to this mod in the future. Do you have any website to show us?
[/b]

Umm...heh no I don't. That's why I'm recruiting, I need someone to build the website. As well as the usual programmers, artists, and whatnot. And the mod doesn't necessarily need to be on the HL2 it is just an idea, also I think you will be surprised on the low-end systems HL2 can run on. Anyway, thanks for your interest. All I need is a competent team for this mod and I'm set :P
Soulitude is offline                         Send a private message to Soulitude
Old 30-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
Data
retired

I fail to see why this is urgent though (as you stated in your initial post).
Old 30-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well, probably because there's not really much he can do himself and needs other people to begin just with something :P
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #7
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

If I recall correctly, there was someone doing Lands of Lore remake (a remake, not clone, not mod either), but his project was on hold because of the legal issue with Electronic Arts. Others are mostly doing remake or clone for either Dungeon Master or Eye of Beholder.

This website has a list of Dungeon Master clone: http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/254
(Note that over there Lands of Lore is listed as a commercial clone to Dungeon Master).

This forum lists games similar to Dungeon Master as well:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

Sadly, most of the projects seem to be abandoned.

The open source Damnation of the Gods (http://dotg.sourceforge.net/index.html) seems to be promising, but the website has not been updated since September last year.

Lastly I found this Eye of Beholder 2 remake in progress, while searching for such a game for Pocket PC. Website is here: http://www.eob2remake.com/download.html

So, if HL2 engine is not compulsory, maybe you can contact someone from projects above and join forces.

I myself am not an artist nor a good programmer, so I am afraid I can't help.

EDIT: Just found this thread on a Half Life 2 forum:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14032
The guy left ICQ and e-mail contact info there. I assume he's a different person than you? The message is quite old (from 2003) though, but who knows maybe he is still interested and you can contact him.

I vaguely remember something about Neverwinter Nights and Lands of Lore, but not sure if it was a mod or just a community name. I have not even played Neverwinter Nights either.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 01-07-2006, 06:21 AM   #8
Soulitude

The NWN mod just had the Lands of Lore title attached to it, nothing more. As for the legal issues, well, I contacted Louis Castle of EA awhile ago and asked him if doing a free mod for Lands of Lore would incure the wrath of EA's legal department. He said it shouldn't be a big deal, as it is a free mod. And they also seemed to abandon the series without a second thought, I will email him again about this.

And rabadi, strange you should bring up that thread on the hl2.net forums, that was me! I had a different emailing address back then.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

Why do you think you'll find help in here? This is an abandonware site, what you need is a Hl2 mapping site!
Try snarkpit and TWHL.
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 02-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #10
Soulitude

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elon Yariv @ Jul 1 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]240895[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Why do you think you'll find help in here? This is an abandonware site, what you need is a Hl2 mapping site!
Try snarkpit and TWHL.
[/b]

I've tried a few hl2 forums, and no one seemed to be interested in making a Lands of Lore mod. I noticed there were a few Lore fans on these forums, so I thought I would post here. And anyway, as I said before using the hl2 engine isn't necessary, although it is preferred.