Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #41
Rick01

I personally use the Laser, Guided Microbombs, Plasma Storm and the BattleShip Class FireBomb, along with the highest Generator and Shield. I am invincible with it, and it doesn't matter whether I use these weapons with the Prototype Stalker C, the Stalker 21.126 or the Nort Ship.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #42
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

Yep, thats one of the reasons I hate this game. With laser/lightning canon/front zica lazer you are nearly invinsible in all skill levels and episodes. In suicide and lord of the game skill levels it's a bit harder with the strong weapons because you still need to evoid really fast shots.
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 09-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #43
SBaL

1- Link to other games "you might also like"
2- controls
3- difficulty

---1--- Links ---
To any abandonia admin:
This game should get some links with "If you like this game you should also try: ... "
For example: Xenon, Xenon 2 Megablast, Raiden...
(and those games should also list Tyrian 2000)

---2--- Controls ---
Playing Tyrian with the mouse (especially a quick optical mouse) will give you much better control over your ship (able to sneak powerups and points from between ships and dodging bullets/ships more easily).
When playing two player mode, make sure player one uses the mouse since he'll control both ships when linked.

---3--- Difficulty ---
Difficulty in Tyrian is a bit strange, since the toughness of the monsters is linear to the score (money) you have in the game (multiplied by difficulty factor) !
For instance, there is a level (read spoiler below) where you can gain infinite money, if you let it run an entire night and gain say 20.000.000 points, the monsters will get VERY tough! (even lightning/zica lasers cant kill some planes). So if you play this game carefully (killing only say 10% monsters) , it will get easier and easier, whereas if you play aggressively and kill everything (close to 90%) you gain lots of points and the game will get tough in the end. (And there's no way to LOOSE money/points after you gained it (when you've bought all you can))

--- SPOILER! ---
You can get infinite cash by entering the 2nd secret level (Asteroids-B I think). When the screen stops and a little building in the middle of the screen shoots wiggly homing balls at you, stay to one side of the screen and hold down the fire button. Each ball you shoot will give you 250 points and they spawn at about 2-10 per second (depending on system speed and detail level). Warning! : read difficulty above.

Old 15-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #44

The game Rocks!!!!! i played for 13 years, i still playing.
Tyrian is the Best 2D vertical shooting of all the times

visit:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~vannevar/tyrian/index.html

a lot info of Tyrian, download the Cool musik in LDS format +Winamp plugin

Old 21-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #45
Hamster of Doom
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elon Yariv @ Jul 9 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]242324[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yep, thats one of the reasons I hate this game. With laser/lightning canon/front zica lazer you are nearly invinsible in all skill levels and episodes.[/b]
I just started playing and reached the 2. episode (treachery). So I donīt know the zica laser, but I could already test the lightning cannon with powerlvl 7.
Well, I donīt see it that strong imho. Compared with other weapons theres a long time between the shots so it takes longer to kill an enemy. The ray itself is also quite slow and small so itīs difficult to hit a fast moving enemy (or more than one enemy). I donīt like this weapon and prefer the Proton.
Hamster of Doom is offline                         Send a private message to Hamster of Doom
Old 21-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #46
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

From my experience playing, I like to match the Zica Laser up with a Sonic Cannon and Zica Flamethrowers. Makes for a nice mix of a fast rear gun and very powerful front gun and sidekicks. Though for the flamethrowers, you have to get point-blank to hit, so you can substitute for Atom Bombs if it's not your style. :bleh:
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach
Old 24-07-2006, 01:47 AM   #47
Mrkidkill

Is there any way to reduce the lag I get when i run Tyrian in DosBox under Pentium details?

Old 24-07-2006, 04:33 AM   #48
swiss
who's not Swiss

did u try to increase CPU cycles?

CTRL F11 ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 24-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #49
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Turn the detail setting down to High as sugested earlier in this thread - it makes very little difference to the graphics but it runs much more smoothly; DOSBox can only emulate a fast 486 however good your PC is, so Tyrian's Pentium settings are a bit much for it.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 25-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Dynamic Core may help.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman