Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

I feel so old... The years have gone by so fast, feels like yesterday when I first tried Duke3d (ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO!!!). I hate this, I am guessing its these new games, I remeber life was reallly slow with the good old dos games... I hate this, I feel like next thing I know I will be som old guy in a rocking chair. Anyone else feeling like the years flew by? BTYW is it bad for me thinking like this at age 15?
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 06-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Dino
Call me Edmund

I thought about it quite a few times, and NO, it's not good nor healthy to think that way! What would then I have to think at the age of 19 ?! Do you know how tragic it is knowing that every day you are closer to the age with 2 as the first digit! ! ! Goodbye, teens!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

No I don't think like that, it's just another way to create stress in my life that I really don't need, it happens without a doubt, I try not to think about it, but sometimes you just have to be strong and look ahead with a positive mindset.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Don't worry about it guys...
I've been reflecting upon my past ever since I was 8. I do feel really old now (I'm 26 at the moment). There's nothing wrong with remembering the good old days. If nothing else you don't critically accept everything you get today. It's the people who just comnusme whatever they are being offered to who are living too fast. If you can look back and say - this was so much easier back then, or it was better in the good old days - then you aren't somebody who would be washed away with the first wave. You have something to hold on to - the past (not that you'd live in the past, but everything you are now, has started in the past).
A retired teacher (the ex-headmaster of my highschool) used to say: "Life is nothing but a set of memories. Let the good ones be charished and the bad ones forgoten." She's a happy old lady now - but this was her moto for many decades.

Well, maybe a song or two will make it easier to understand:
- first song
- second song
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 06-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Remembering the good old days of gaming is far from being unhealthy since it's more than obvious that those days were way better than today standards. It may have something to do with the fact that you begin to understand that the "new" games are only pale copy of their predecessors and only aim at a big market, not high quality?

Food for thoughts.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
Koen
Game Wizzard

It's like remixing old songs... Maybe the remix is better, but over time, you wanna hear the original one.
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 06-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I personally always hate remix without exception... :whistle:
Old 06-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
Koen
Game Wizzard

Then you're quicker in processing the remix...
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 06-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like old songs. and yes, I think I'm aging too fast. But theres noting I can do about it except complain.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 06-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by OvErLoRd@Mar 6 2005, 09:46 PM
I thought about it quite a few times, and NO, it's not good nor healthy to think that way! What would then I have to think at the age of 19 ?! Do you know how tragic it is knowing that every day you are closer to the age with 2 as the first digit! ! ! Goodbye, teens!
nah, i din't even notice turning 20. once you're 18 you stop caring... until like 30 or something i imagine.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone