Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #51
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Thumbs up

How do I get the fan-made modules to work in this game anyway? Thanks in advance.
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 19-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #52
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

the best part of this thread is the angry nerds
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 19-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #53

You need to use UAShell. Before you try to install UAshell make sure you've installed the 1.2 patch. Then follow the installation instructions in Uashellinst.txt or something like that. After you finish installing it, check the TEMP folder in your FRUA folder for and files and move them out or delete them. After that you can run UAshell.bat again and you can press f5 for a list of modules you have.

Oh, you also have to unzip the module into a folder with .DSN at the end of the name eg. Heirs of Skullcrag is in HEIRS.DSN, and I unzipped TOEE into GAME27.DSN.

Old 19-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #54
Guest_Shoelip_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 19 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]243929[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There should be an option to re-send the confirmation email somwhere on the Register / login pages.
[/b]
Yeah, I tried that already, I still haven't gotten it. :angry: :angry:

Old 19-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #55
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 19 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]243949[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You need to use UAShell. Before you try to install UAshell make sure you've installed the 1.2 patch. Then follow the installation instructions in Uashellinst.txt or something like that. After you finish installing it, check the TEMP folder in your FRUA folder for and files and move them out or delete them. After that you can run UAshell.bat again and you can press f5 for a list of modules you have.

Oh, you also have to unzip the module into a folder with .DSN at the end of the name eg. Heirs of Skullcrag is in HEIRS.DSN, and I unzipped TOEE into GAME27.DSN.
[/b]
Where do I find the .DSN files? For example: I've found a couple of Dragonlance-based modules plus a Pool of Radiance remake module, and I've like to try them out. Thanks in advance.
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 19-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #56
Guest_Shoelip_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 19 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]243962[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Where do I find the .DSN files? For example: I've found a couple of Dragonlance-based modules plus a Pool of Radiance remake module, and I've like to try them out. Thanks in advance.
[/b]
You just have to make a folder with .DNS at the end of the name and then extract the mod into it, that'll be the "filename" for the mod when you start it. Don't forget that you have to use UAshell for most of them.

Old 19-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #57
Talin
Game freak

Quote:
You can find armors in a weapon shop or armor shop! some monsters do drop armors and weapons. are you sure you've checked everything? if you've played any SSI AD&D games you should be familiar with all the menu....[/b]
it was the same with me, couldnt figure out how i managed to loose all the armors, so i simply returned to playing the original instead...
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 19-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #58
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterGrazzt @ Jul 19 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]243944[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
the best part of this thread is the angry nerds
[/b]
when you play with fire, you will get burned ?

hmmmm
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 19-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #59
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Shoelip_* @ Jul 19 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]243952[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 19 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]243929[/snapback]
Quote:
There should be an option to re-send the confirmation email somwhere on the Register / login pages.
[/b]
Yeah, I tried that already, I still haven't gotten it. :angry: :angry:
[/b][/quote]

maybe your email address is wrong?
Old 19-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #60
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Shoelip_* @ Jul 19 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]243984[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 19 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]243962[/snapback]
<div class='quotemain'>
I did that, and now every time I want to save, they ask me for a save disk. I'd like to know what's up with that?