Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2018, 12:10 AM   #11
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
I have come down with a very strong flu. Could some other updater or admin make the news post?
Greetings from Poke-man, Grand Emperor Japodeis (not Capo nor Paco ).

It is with regret that I learned of your flu. So I quit my self-imposed exile for now.

As I also had this experience in 2010, I know how unpleasant it is. Without going to the doctor, it took me several days to fully recover (3 days of delirium and several days of muscle aches and chills). So, I started taking the vaccine annually so that this does not happen again.

I sincerely hope that Imperial Sardaukar and Imperial Fremen can act as Anti-Virus against the viruses from Evil Santa’s Hellper and self-righteous Privatien Bible. So, I wish you health improvements! And that you are no longer in Spain! May the Force be with you!

Now, regarding the Updaters and Admins, the situation gets a bit more complicated:

Updaters and Admins

Last edited by Mystvan; 18-02-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 16-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #12
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Huh, I just stmubled on this... so there should be newspost about ne AT issue? WOW!!!

You know what Japo, get better and you do newspost - honor should be yours
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 18-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #13
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Huh, I just stmubled on this... so there should be newspost about ne AT issue? WOW!!!

You know what Japo, get better and you do newspost - honor should be yours
Yup, and works starting on a new Issue already :P
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Old 20-02-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wow you guys still keep doing it? That's wonderful! I just popped in to check how's AB is doing and its marvellous... I worked (more-or-less) on AT back in the day (I can't remember which one) and I thought a new one will never happen. I think I promised then-editor TA that I'll write an article on Infocom games.

(Just came here to brag that even though I never sent the article to TA, I did submit it for an academic writing course and got an A+. Yet another reason my old teachers should be thankful for the time I spent on AB. )

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 23-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #15
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Wow you guys still keep doing it? That's wonderful! I just popped in to check how's AB is doing and its marvellous... I worked (more-or-less) on AT back in the day (I can't remember which one) and I thought a new one will never happen. I think I promised then-editor TA that I'll write an article on Infocom games.

(Just came here to brag that even though I never sent the article to TA, I did submit it for an academic writing course and got an A+. Yet another reason my old teachers should be thankful for the time I spent on AB. )
Would you be interested in sending it in for Issue 5?
LianneJW1912 is offline                         Send a private message to LianneJW1912
Old 03-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #16
Japo
Autonomous human

I've received questions about pieces of eight rewards... There seems to be already something in place detailed here (we can link or copy this information e.g. into the sticky submissions thread):
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20292

I'll then go ahead with granting POEs for issue 4. But I need to know exactly who else besides Lianne contributed (or proof-read or whatever) anything and what? Lianne did you actuallyy do quite everything this time?
Old 04-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
I've received questions about pieces of eight rewards... There seems to be already something in place detailed here (we can link or copy this information e.g. into the sticky submissions thread):
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20292

I'll then go ahead with granting POEs for issue 4. But I need to know exactly who else besides Lianne contributed (or proof-read or whatever) anything and what? Lianne did you actuallyy do quite everything this time?
The only person who assisted me was a friend of mine, who did my proof-reading, but she isn't on Abandonia (She doesn't even like old video games!! ) But I'm not too bothered about earning them myself, but more as an incentive for other people to write for AT
Old 07-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #18
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I think, you need to be more clear with your words next time, Lyanne. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #19
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 View Post
Would you be interested in sending it in for Issue 5?
Sure, no problem - I'll just need to dig it up from my old hard drive, it was 5 years and three computers ago. Let me know what's your timeline for the next issue and I will act accordingly.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 11-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #20
LianneJW1912
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Sure, no problem - I'll just need to dig it up from my old hard drive, it was 5 years and three computers ago. Let me know what's your timeline for the next issue and I will act accordingly.
I've only just moved out of the basic planning stage, and have started on the first article, so there's plenty enough time But the sooner the better, of course :P