Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Default I'm officially retiring from Abandonia (UPDATE: Looks like I'm here to stay!)

December 2009:
I received a letter from my ISP notifying me that I got caught downloading a game by the ESA. I was only given a warning not to do it again, which I began to ignore several months later...

July 2014:
I got caught by the ESA a second time for downloading another game. Once again, I was only given a warning.

I thought about ignoring the warning again, but since this was the second time it happened, I thought twice about it. I don't want my ISP to cut off my Internet, and even worse, I don't wanna end up in jail.

Thus I made the decision to finally become a legit gamer, a decision I should have made a long time ago.

Last Saturday, I deleted and discarded all games and other media that I downloaded and/or obtained by illegal means. From now on, if I wanna play and/or download something, I'm buying it. I don't care how rare and/or expensive it is, it's better than risking jail time.

Because I'm a legit gamer now, I can no longer upload anything to Abandonia anymore, and therefore must retire from the site. I've already cleared out my 4shared account (I'm deeply sorry to anyone who still wants to download the Sonic CD ISOs).

However, even though I'm retired from the site, I'll still pop in every once in a while to say Hello to everyone and check on how things are going. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You are the nicest and most wonderful community I've ever been a part of on the Internet, and I'm extremely grateful for how good you people have been to me all these years!

With that, I say farewell, until we cross paths again!

Last edited by SpiDoL; 14-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 13-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

It's always your choice, we do our best to stay relatively legit and not offend anyone.
Old 14-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

We do double checks of every game we host. If the warning was based on the game from our site, then we want to know. Although I doubt it, you would tell us already. So seeeee, no harm can come from abandonia.

Seriously, we were warned by ESA years ago and we do out homework ever since. Still, if you want to quit abandonia to be completely sure you deal only with bought games, it is completely your choice and we will be glad to see you coming form time to time. After all, if you don't want to upload/download games, you can still hang out. I don't think ESA will warn you about that... yet.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

ESA usually does that when someone is sharing or downloading (often via bittorrent) newer titles.
I seriously doubt they're investing much if any resources to pursue individuals downloading decade-old titles.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Supposed comeback deleted.

Last edited by SpiDoL; 14-09-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

All right,
having utterly failed to become a clean and legit gamer, realizing that most of the games I download off the Internet are over 15 years old, and putting my foot down on "No Torrents" (torrents are why I got caught by the ESA),
I'm back on Abandonia, and this time for good!

I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my going back and forth, but now I'm for sure a regular on here once again. Please welcome me back with open arms...
Old 08-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Welcome back!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
Capo
Unconventional member

Wow, thats confusing :S

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 AM   #9
supertrini
Forum hobbit

Welcome back
supertrini is offline                         Send a private message to supertrini
Old 15-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Open arms, mate. No annoyance with going here and there, you need to try different paths. And you can only be annoying when you're here
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river