Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Thumbs down

I'm a "n00b" here, I've got tons of things to study, I'm stressed out, I saw this on CAD's (a webcomic) forum, I thought you guys might like it and that it would be entertaining . So here goes...

The idea is that you have to plan your survival for a zombie outbreak in your neighborhood.

We'll suppose that the zombies are of the slow-dim-witted-flesh-eating-human-hunting-virus-induced type and that they have no supernatural ability of any kind (except, of course, for the fact that they survived death and that their bite will transmit the virus). Therefore, these monsters can't be put to sleep by a priest or anything linked with religion.

Your plan has to be good enough for you to live as long as humanly possible. We'll assume that the zombies die by themselves after an unknown amount of time. Consequently, the longer you survive, the better.

The plan you submit has to be realistic and fully realizable for a normal human being. To keep things interesting, the use of firearms is strongly limited to something realistic. You may not use heavy weaponry (rocket launchers, grenades, dynamites) or ridiculously powerful and expansive rifles/SMGs/MGs/etc. (remember that a "normal human being" isn't a professional sniper). You should also keep in mind that your ammo supply isn't infinite. In other words, you should stick to things you're sure to find in a common suburban house. Apart from these few rules, you may do things as you see fit (decide how you'd fight, where you'd hide, what you'd eat, whether you'd travel or not, etc.).

This is only for fun so your plan can be good even if it's very short.

Once a plan has been submitted, the readers should rate it on a scale going from 0 (instant-death) to 10 (cannot fail). If you feel like it, you may edit your post to include an average of the ratings you've received (please avoid editing it (changing the text it contains) after it has been rated though). If you want to rate a post, please clearly specify whose plan it is that you're rating.

That's it, I hope this'll be a good thread, I'll try to submit something soon.
OlSheep is offline                         Send a private message to OlSheep
Old 30-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
SwampThing
Game freak

All things being equal, I think they would attack humans before SwampThings, so my behind is covered.

Seriously - good idea for a thread - I'll have to think about this and get back later...
Old 30-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wow, very nice idea Sheep.
Just gonna have to think awhile.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 30-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Ok, i live in a 26 floors building with a terrace roof and a swimming pool ! So i'll get up there with as much food as i can find and move and watch the show from there. When i run out of food i jump off the roof. What's the point of survival if you're the last guy on earth anyway !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 30-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Hehe, take your time, I'm thinking about it too .
Old 30-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Sep 30 2005, 09:13 PM
Ok, i live in a 26 floors building with a terrace roof and a swimming pool ! So i'll get up there with as much food as i can find and move and watch the show from there. When i run out of food i jump off the roof. What's the point of survival if you're the last guy on earth anyway !*
LOL , you know, planning to save your family/friends might have worked too.
Old 30-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #7
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Oh ! Then i'll plan to save Pamela Anderson, Cameron Diaz, Uma Thurman and make good use of that swimming pool. Forget about my family and friends. LOL
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 30-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #8
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Sep 30 2005, 09:19 PM
Oh ! Then i'll plan to save Pamela Anderson, Cameron Diaz, Uma Thurman and make good use of that swimming pool. Forget about my family and friends. LOL
I doubt this is fully realizable by a normal human being though .
Old 30-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #9
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Who knows ? I might get lucky, for once ! :bleh: And even one of them would be enough ! And don't forget i'm french !
Old 30-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #10
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I give your plan a 2 out of 10.
You failed to realize that you need to board up the windows, destroy the stairs, reinforce your door, amass a LARGE storage, and secure your family.
The last thing you need is a emotional distress when you see your family as zombies, you want to shoot, but they're your family!
You were also missing proper equipment, a machete is required for zombie close combat, the only durable and powerful enough close ranged weapon for signifigant damage, another nescessity is a hatchet or fire ax, required for immediate escape through boarded windows or holding zombies out from the door. Any fires should be estinguished, and you should attempt to find some type of noise barrier, any small tiny noise could alert zombies to your area.
For ranged weapons, a good magnum or pistol is required, something that's cheap on ammo, pistols and magnums are last resorts though, as aiming is difficult, the shotgun is preffered choice, as most contact with zombies are close ranged, and a good close bang with the shotgun will almost completely destroy the zombie's skull, it's weak point. Included should be a rifle, if you wish to escape from any secured location, you would want a good sniper scope and stock with your rifle, so even as a newbie you can pick off the zombies then escape.
Backpacks are a must, and so is a good storage of dry foods, fresh meat such as cold cuts or any kind of raw/cooked meat will attract zombies. Your best bet is dried food, or food that needs to be hydrated to eaten. Beef Jerky or cold packs of pastrami will doo fine.

There are many more faults, but you should take these into consideration.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy