Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #11
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I second that. Although it might be possible to write "To the dear whom it may concern". If the context was right.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #12
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or "To the deer whom it may concern" if you were writing a formal letter to Santa and couldn't decide which of them to address it to...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 23-05-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Come to think of it, you could be writing to a person of obscure Asian origin and be unsure whether he was the right person to address: "Dear To, whom it may (or may not) concern..."
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #14
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

As long as you don't mention/sign the letter with Abandonia and/or any of it's sister-sites, you are free to send such letters.
Old 24-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #15
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@May 23 2005, 06:05 PM
The letter looks serious to me, BUT...

It would be much better if you started new sentences with a capital letter, and also spelled "i" with a capital letter as well.

It just makes the letter look more serious.
Burn
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 26-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #16
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Not trying to annoy anyone but yeah why are you doing that.
Also why am i rankned abandonia nerd is there to rank line eg one for people who mstly post in game section and one for people who help people fix problems in the techical fourm
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 26-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #17
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by win98@May 26 2005, 10:26 PM
Not trying to annoy anyone but yeah why are you doing that.
Also why am i rankned abandonia nerd is there to rank line eg one for people who mstly post in game section and one for people who help people fix problems in the techical fourm
It's based on number of posts, you have over 50 so you are an Abandonia Nerd, you'll go up in rank at 100.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 26-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #18
Evad
Game freak

You guys have to proof read your posts. It is ok to jot down your thoughts quick to get them on "paper", but it is also very important and curtious to go over them afterwards and make them readable for the viewers. I personally don't mind the occasional mistake or two(as I am as guilty as anyone for it), but when bad grammar and spelling force me to decifer an idea I just get really annoyed. This is also important if you are writing to a company, as they will not take you very serious if you aren't meticulous in your language arts. I guess english is a lot of people's second language here, in which case this does not apply to you.
On the writing a letter to "you know who". It is a noble idea, and I applaud you for it; however, expect a "Thank you for your comments....your opinion means a lot to us...yadda yadda blah blah" letter like has been said. The notion that these titles aren't potentially profitable is rediculous. Who's to say they aren't cracking down on "abandon-ware" because they see a market growing(thanx to sites like this) and are gearing up for re-releases of these games? As long as they hold the CR you can't really do anything except thank them for not pursuing further legal action, as has been said.
Lastly, worthy of note, no matter how much they crack down, these games will always be accessable, welcome to the info-age brothers.....damn the man!! :Titan:
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 26-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #19
win98
In the loop on hardware.

evad is right
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 27-05-2005, 12:53 AM   #20
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Evad@May 27 2005, 12:12 AM
spelling force me to decifer an idea
that's "decipher" :P

j/k - you make a good point, some people do tend to rush posts out without really thinking about them, and there does seem to be a feeling that we have a right to freely download these games, when in fact we should be grateful for the ones we can still get hold of - a lot of people here would rather posess boxed copies of many of these games but they're no longer available.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone