Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-04-2017, 01:34 AM   #551
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile Spectre is the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnp View Post
@smiling spectre

Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Would it please be possible to prioritize the checking for the following 3 games that have been a problem multiple times over the years in the screenshot quiz:
7th Legion
1000 Miglia
Aces of the Pacific

Or maybe these 3 games can be removed from quiz until they can be fixed.

Thank you.
There are still some games like Skull & Crossbones and Oliver & Company (renamed to Oliver and Company). I cannot find if there are more games with “&”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
It seems, I wasn't clear enough. Sorry then. Ok, I'll elaborate more.

I haven't access to the database directly. I even haven't access to some admin functions on the user level - for example, I cannot search for the any game in the base for all its entries (except obvious, language-dependant search, that is main functionality, but exactly there everything look all right). I _can_ search for any game and edit it, but in fact base gives me only one, seemingly random selected entry if game have several. For example, named Aces of the Pacific I checked yesterday - and admin search always returns Portugal version. *sigh*

So I had to use backdoors and indirect fixes. For example, named "Translation" names can be fixed by entering to edit mode of the correspondent translated entry and saving it. But all three games named by you haven't anything suspicious in the linked translations (there still can be more unlinked, theoretically speaking, that I still didn't access).

But as you can see, all of them shares the one interesting property: they are relatively new on site (20 000+ name entry number) and names are at the start of alphabet. On the other hand, there are also others that share the same property - both 007 games, for example, - so maybe it's only coincidence.

Base in the awful state under the hood anyway. For example, every translated entry have "state" field (that can be "none, in translation, finished") - but it's cannot be accessed through main interface long ago, so 90% of translated games actually have "In progress" state. I hate long-standing bug that false connecting English and translated bases of tags, so in result after correcting English entry all connected translated entries lost their tags. (And my initial efforts on site was to sort out tag system in hope to this bug auto-fixed... well, didn't work. :/

So - I'll keep trying, but do not hold your breath too much.
Thank you for your hard work, Spectre (and Dave). You are the man! You are the Mighty Spectreman!

I have a suggestion, Spectre and CDNP. How about renaming the titles of the games in question? You could, for example, rename from 1000 Miglia to Thousand Miglia; from 007 to Double Zero Seven, etc.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #552
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I have a suggestion, Spectre and CDNP. How about renaming the titles of the games in question? You could, for example, rename from 1000 Miglia to Thousand Miglia; from 007 to Double Zero Seven, etc.
Sounds quirky. While '&'='And', '1000'<>'Thousand'. And then remember that there are Eye of the Beholder 2, Ultima 5, and on and on... I will not remove all numbers, even if it would be true reason, because no one will found this games afterward - and it's even not the reason but suspicion...
Old 06-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #553
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Sounds quirky. While '&'='And', '1000'<>'Thousand'. And then remember that there are Eye of the Beholder 2, Ultima 5, and on and on... I will not remove all numbers, even if it would be true reason, because no one will found this games afterward - and it's even not the reason but suspicion...
What a pity! I know (re)naming the titles may be pretty weird, but at least it was a suggestion to try to calm our friend cdnp from getting frustrated with the quiz errors.

By the way, I found more titles with the “&” that can cause quiz error:

• 1830 Railroads & Robber Barons;

• Command & Conquer;

• Skull & Crossbones (already mentioned).
Old 11-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #554
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I'll check them, Mystvan, thank you.
Old 13-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #555
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Yes, Sir. You are welcome.

By the way, I found more games with “&”. I will post new information if I find the games that are supposed with bugs here in this thread in order to centralize the information and avoid confusion.

Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 15-04-2017, 02:50 AM   #556
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face The complete List of games with “&” and “'”

Quote:

Yes, Sir. You are welcome.

By the way, I found more games with “&”. I will post new information if I find the games that are supposed with bugs here in this thread in order to centralize the information and avoid confusion.

Hi, Spectre.

I finally got the full List of games (Phew! Whew!) whose titles contain symbols “&” and “'”:

• 1830 Railroads & Robber Barons;

• Asterix & Obelix;

• Command & Conquer;

• Dragon's Lair - Escape from Singes Castle;

• North & South;

• Ping & Kookys Cuckoo Zoo;

• Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow & The Flame;

• Quarky & Quaysoos Turbo Science;

• Sid & Als Incredible Toons;

• Skull & Crossbones;

• Tom & Jerry Cat-astrophe.

I am sorry for bothering you and thank you for the hard work. Happy Easter!
Old 21-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #557
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have not much free time right now (and I wonder how I missed all this games in first time), but thank you, Mystvan! I'll fix them as soon as I'll have more time.
Old 24-04-2017, 12:44 AM   #558
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question I lost 10 PoE

Quote:
I have not much free time right now (and I wonder how I missed all this games in first time), but thank you, Mystvan! I'll fix them as soon as I'll have more time.
Hi Spectre,

I had already warned Japo that I had lost 5 Piece of Eight (PoE) due to system bug. I showed using screeshots with discrepant score.

Now the same thing happened to me again. I only earned the login score, but the score for the correct answer to the quiz was lost. If you want, I can show the main page showing that I answered correctly, but I only won 1 PoE.

Could you fix this bug? It seems like it happens when you use more than one browser to log in.

Thanks in advance. And grateful for the attention.
Old 24-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #559
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I answered correctly, but I only won 1 PoE.

Could you fix this bug? It seems like it happens when you use more than one browser to log in.
Not my sphere of competence, sorry. Wait for Japo.
Old 25-04-2017, 01:00 AM   #560
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Cool

Quote:
Not my sphere of competence, sorry. Wait for Japo.
Hello, Spectre.

OK I understand you. And thanks for the clarification. So I will wait for Japo’s response.

Last edited by Mystvan; 25-04-2017 at 04:14 AM.