Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-02-2005, 06:29 AM   #11
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Niiiiice work Freefreddy. I always love hearing other people's musical creations. You have a really nice melodic line running through out the piece. The first few beats actually reminded me of the marimba part I played for the opener of our last field show. You've also created a really cool ostinato effect with that opening running line. This would actually sound really sweet for a mallet arrangement (marimba, vibraphone, and bells would be a sick set up.) I really dig the modulation of the melody that occurs around 1:11. It keeps the piece interesting. How many running lines do you have total in this piece? I think by the end I counted three or four lines having run simultaneously. The only thing I would change, would be the ending of the piece. You have it set up for a nice cadence, but you add the last arpeggio in there, causing it to seem a little unfinished. I would continue the ritard and instead of having the last arpeggio ascend, have it descend so that the E minor chord (it is e minor right?) ends in a lower register. I would suggest playing the first two notes of the final arpeggio, but instead of completing the triad, go from the G to the F#, down to the D, then UP to the E and add the B G E below it. That is just my personal preference though, and I apologize if the above doesn't make much sense. I get carried away sometimes, and I actually had to refrain from using some terms But over all, amazing job man. I'll share some of my stuff with you once I figure out how to get Finale to save the music to sound like something other than piano.

Edit: Or you could do much simplar than my above suggestions, and final E in the arpeggio, but an E either one or two octaves below it to give it a more rich feeling ending, and it also adds some...what's the word...well, it's a stronger resolution. Make it subtle, but it would sound nice in there.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 18-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
FreeFreddy

Hehe, you know, I understood only a half of the technical terms you used in the post above. It's more than 14 years ago since I stopped to play the piano, and since then I forgot almost all terms of music...*sigh*
Anyway, you don't need to know much musical knowledge when creating music in trackers. Rather almost pogramming them . Though without a tuned hearing and a sense of the music you won't be able to produce anything interesting, either.
Unis 669 Composer supports up to 8 simultaneous running lines (or channels, like they're called technically there), but I used only 4 of them, 3 for playing the instruments and 1 included just for having a complete "channel-count" (an Amiga MOD uses 4 simultaneous channels). This "song" was only my first try on the composer. The next one will be very different, be sure of that.

Old 18-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #13
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Feb 18 2005, 01:51 PM
an Amiga MOD uses 4 channels
Not entirely true. You could split these channels into 8, or even 16 separate channels. So while the MOD indeed had still 4 channels, you could put a lot more instruments in it. Amiga soundchip > PC soundcards for a long long time...
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 18-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
FreeFreddy

No, I meant it can play up to 4 channels with instruments simultaneosly at once (so you can hear only 4 instruments playing at the same time). And 669 or Unis 669 formats support up to 8 channels at the same time.

Old 18-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #15
rainwife
Abandonia nerd

Liked it very much! Some of the parts remeinded me of other musical work, can't really determine which ones, but very nice - especially the tempo at the end... Well, don't know exactly how to put it... But it did not sound melancholically to me!
rainwife is offline                         Send a private message to rainwife
Old 20-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #16
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

FreeFreddy, I dont know how to say this to you but...YOURE A GENIUS :Brain: ! I mean for heaven's sake! Wooooooaaaaaahhhhh boy... k:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 24-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #17
FreeFreddy

Well, I guess it's more simply to recreate already existing music piece instead to produce one made completely yourself...
I'm working on a new music from myself, but I jumped over to another idea right now and recreated a music by Jean Michel Jarre by using some own instruments and some taken off the original music. Here's what came out.

Chronologie Part 4, recreated by me in Scream Tracker 3

I'm sorry that I didn't post something made completely anew by me, it's just these dreams I have last time...
Anyway, next time I'll post a song completely made by me, promised. :bye:

Old 24-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #18
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Niiiiice! k:

I love how your music flows, even if you did use an existing track for inspiration. And it's hard to manipulate music that way, I personally think it's easier to deal with making it up myself, but that may be because I can't read music, hehe.

Can't wait to hear what you come up with on your own
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 27-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #19
FreeFreddy

Here it is. Affected partially by the current nightmares and by the grey days here. I know it's not that impressive. I'm not that good in making music, I guess. Still, I hope you'll like it, but beware, it's 9MB large (MP3)!

Dark forces

Old 27-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #20
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

OMG, now those WERE SONGS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Brain: k:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546