Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
Wildlotus

Unhappy

Apparently, I am having trouble configuring the music and sound effects option and can't get into the game.

My OS is Windows XP Home Edn. Have tried double clicking directly on the "Amazon" application, tried opening with VDMS, and tried DOSBox v 0.65.

After several failed attempts using the doubleclicking-directly-on-application method, I managed to get in by chance, using Sound Blaster, Port 220Hz, IRQ5, DMA 1 I think. I had tried using the default settings to no avail. The attempts via VDMS and DOSBox failed over and over and over and over....(I can't emphasize this enough) and over again.

That one time I managed to bypass the sound configuration, there was no music. Only sound effects. So I exited (by the way, my exit button didn't work. I had to forcefully shut down the programme whereby it said something about unresponsiveness or error..), and I deleted the AM.cfg file (or something like that)

And now I can't get in anymore *sob sob* I've been at it for over an hour now and am pulling out more hair than I am used to.

What is Lotus to do? Any sound advice would be much appreciated.
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 18-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Wildlotus

Oh don't worry yourselves over my teeny weeny problem. I've managed to get around it with music and sound playing very well now in DOSBox v 0.65. With options Sound Blaster, Port 220Hz, IRQ 7, DMA 0. Odd... But SOLVED!

Now how do I close this thread discussion so you don't waste time reading it?
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 19-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #3
Morrin
Underground

Well, you wasted my precious time already. No problem though, it always expands experience and maybe gives a hint in future problems. If you wan't not to waste people's time, edit your first post and write in first line with capitals, like PROBLEM SOLVED!

Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin