Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Exactly, thanks Blood Piggy!

I wasn't talking about cloning you and then destroy your old body. Your molecules will be just transfered from one location to another. I don't think you will "lose yourself" in the process given the thing those are YOUR molecules not syinthetized ones. The fact, that you will be shredded to tiny pieces and then put back together again, doesn't necessarily mean you "die" in the meaning. It's like you freez in the very moment (get into stasis) you get disassembled and then you continue your life when you will be put back together.
This requires a computer that records the exact state of your brain and it's currents, and copies it back again. Like when you hybernate your computer(WinXP), the contents of the RAM is copied to disk and when you turn on your comp it copies the contents back to the RAM and resumes, you won't even notice the fact if was turned off.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 23-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #12
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Aug 21 2005, 09:59 PM
I wasn't talking about cloning you and then destroy your old body. Your molecules will be just transfered from one location to another.
But THIS is the problem!

At the moment the actual teleports can't do the things you said! They can do only that "like cloning" trick... and i'm not so optimist about having "real" teleports in the future...
Old 23-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #13
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

I have no doubts about the carrying of one's molecules, I think that sometime in the (far) future it will be possible. The disassembling of molecules in the needed way sounds vaguely possible too, but the technology needed for the reaasembling of a living being sounds too far out at the present.

With an inanimate object it might sound more realistic. But still that scientific breakthrough would time so far in the future that I'll doubt we'd even exist anymore to make it.
Old 23-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #14
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere@Aug 23 2005, 12:28 PM
At the moment the actual teleports can't do the things you said! They can do only that "like cloning" trick... and i'm not so optimist about having "real" teleports in the future...
What do you mean by "real" teleports? There are no actual telporters exist now, as far as I know :blink:
If you refer to the photon clonig article, I say that's no teleport. That just the "like cloning" trick as you put it.
A real teleport should transport your original molecules through a ray of some kind we don't know yet. You actual molecules will then be reassembled at your nwe position.

Um...I can't give a better explanation. The hybernation thing I described sutis this example. Let me explain how I think it would work (in the FAR future):

1, The sequence is beginning. The computer puts you into stasis and scans your body in less than a flash (say 0.000000000001 milseconds or less), than records ALL the attributes of ALL your molecules (like momentum of your blood, the currents of your brain and such). Then sends the information to a data storage.
2, The disassembler takes you apart molecule-by-molecule. Records how the molecules are aligned to each other, then sends the data to the storage. Then compresses your molecules to a stream (like WinZip ).
3, The computer sends the data and your molecules to the target location via some ray or something we can't even imagine yet.
4, The computer unpacks your molecules and the assembler build up your body using the data from the disassembler.
5, The computer, using some kind of manipulative energy, gives momentum to your molecules using the earlier scaned in data (puts your heart in motion, puts your brain currents in motion and the like) and ends the stasis. You live again, just on another location. You won't even notice it happened, you will only notice you are in a different place.

If you are worrying about the religious means of this, like what if your "soul" is lost during this, well I can't say anything to that. (I don't believe in religion, it just generates hate among people ) But this should work once it's invented.

Any other questions?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 24-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #15
cousingrimm

Yeah. If a Device was constructed such as that, could it not also be used to rebuild molecular structures, resulting in healing of nearly any bloody ailment by small tweaks in your molecules.
cousingrimm is offline                         Send a private message to cousingrimm
Old 24-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #16
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Why not? Who knows what the future will bring?

Old 24-08-2005, 03:50 AM   #17
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Aug 24 2005, 12:28 AM
Why not? Who knows what the future will bring?
I do. I'm gifted, i know all about the future. And i can tell you about your own personal future for 200 $ an hour.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 24-08-2005, 04:09 AM   #18
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Only 200?

So can I, but I won't tell you how long it takes my brain to "warm-up" :w00t:

You can make a chamber of mirrors and liquids to mess with light, but be careful, lest you make a laser LOL
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 24-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ok Playbannosh, i understood your point!

I don't know if could be exact to call "your" machine a teleport... maybe we have to call it something like "carrier-ray", just to avoid confusions!
And probably it could be possible in the future, but i think that it should be too expensive in terms of energy: they'll use a similar machine just to carry bombs direct within the enemy lines :not_ok:

And no problems for the soul, God will teleport our souls for us
Old 24-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #20
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

And what do you call Teleport if not "my" machine? That is not my machine after all, just my theory of that. And it could work, I think.

And the military use of a machine like this is obvious. Just like you told. But future wars (when this machine will be invented) will be waged in space not on Earth. If you saw any Star Trek episode or movie, war like that will be far more sophisticated than to use transporters to deliver bombs. The enemy will more likely make an anti-transporter shield

And our soul is just right where it is now. God will teleport it with our bodies, just like you said k: