Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-01-2005, 02:09 AM   #1
Razer
Forum hobbit

Default Hardwar

O.K here i go, Does anyone want to try out hardwar? the topic description says it all most likely but for those who want to learn more here is a bit from the manual. "Titan.a freezing moon within our solar sytem.A neglected mining outpost, established centuries ago within a series of craters.Once,It proved to be a profitable enterprise.but the corporations backed out.leaving the staff and colonists to fend for themselves. This is the city of Mispaced Optimism.

Factions have formed in the intervening years. A political and military stalemate has evolved,where organizations hoard and grudgingly trade the scarce resources in an attempt to survive.All the time,They watch for a break that will tilt the balance of power in their favor.

The factions themselves are not the wholesome corporations they once were.there distrust has led to the use some extremly unorthodox methods,always keeping the power and control of select few.centuries of interbreeding,mass cloning,genocidal class cleansing,sterilization and other spitful operations have all contributed to shape a race that can only tenuously be labeled 'human'. after 200 years of isolation, the inhabitants have become morally and genetically corrupt.little will motivate these souls,but there is one common desire: to leave this cold,harsh rock.those who earn there wings can make a good living,wheter they work as traders, or become entwined in the ferocious power struggle that has emerged from the ever-growing social tension,.information, thoughts, feeling, and rumors are echoed around the city by the neutrel,but informitive,hardwarp FM.fo many, it's a way of holding onto sanity.but for others?its an oppertunity"
Razer is offline                         Send a private message to Razer
Old 22-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

I downloaded it from HOTU, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. It doesn't go fullscreen properly, clicking anywhere where underneath the game is an icon brings it shooting back to the desktop.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 22-01-2005, 02:15 AM   #3
Razer
Forum hobbit

Strange,works fine with me. do you have directX?EDIT, Try keyboard control.
Razer is offline                         Send a private message to Razer
Old 08-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I still have the cd of it, and I know that there are unofficial patches that fix the game and make it play for XP. I haven't tried the patches yet though.
I don't remember where I got these files but I have several versions of them. I could email them they are about 5.5mbs each. Or try something like 3Dgamers or something.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Point 1 - Titan is a moon.

Point 2 - HoTu has it, not sure of the size, worked fore me on Win98SE, but I switched to XP 3 days ago, so unsure of it's functuality on here.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #6
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hardwar from HOTU works just fine. However it's missing the movies. The game relays almost ALL it's storyline and mission information via the movies. So the ripped version is pretty useless. However it's a fun game, just...you won't get anywhere with the ripped version except fly around. Unless you can find ...sort of like a "script" online. I saw one once. It told you what each movie was, what hapened, what was said...so you don't miss anything.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
N17R0
Abandonia nerd

HOTU Hardwar Entry
Just to make it easier.
It's in my list of games to get too under high priority. k:
N17R0 is offline                         Send a private message to N17R0
Old 11-04-2005, 02:14 AM   #8
cheesegrater
Game freak

I tried the game out but I had no idea how to play. I just flew around aimlessly.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:34 AM   #9
Veloxi

Hardwar is an excellent "space sim" of sorts. Very detailed and has years of replayability. I'm very fortunate to own a physical copy that has the hilarious video cutscenes. Worth finding if you're into Elite-style games and don't mind being planetbound.
Veloxi is offline                         Send a private message to Veloxi
Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 AM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

The main goal of the game is to get the hell out of that planet, you can make friends and enemies of the different people, cartels, companies, just be very very careful to not upset the police...
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios