Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2008, 05:49 AM   #381
angry axe
O for Awesome

i have this game on PS1, its graphics are bright like all pc-play station converted games of that time and it is near impossible to play as you quickly run out of money, i hope the pc version is better
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 10-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #382
Sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry axe View Post
i have this game on PS1, its graphics are bright like all pc-play station converted games of that time and it is near impossible to play as you quickly run out of money, i hope the pc version is better
I've just been recently playing around with this game... There are a few "must do" things before you can go to the next level, but all in all, the game is pretty intuitive (P.S.: be sure to indicate if "unplayable" refers to gameplay or tech issues! ).

Actually, I find this like many of the "Sim" games from Maxis. Doesn't have a huge learning curve but for the things needed to make "next level" items, like tennants, etc. In fact, I find it has the hallmark of most games that I admire/enjoy; that it frustrates you just enough to make you want to keep going =P

I've run into a couple of bugs though: One is that at the point where you seem to fail hard enough to lose, it tries to start an animation that makes the game crash back to DOSBox, and second, the factory that makes things like trees, computers, double glazing... doesn't seem to want to deliver, even though it appears that it should.

Edit: Ok, I found how to get the double glazing (and other gadgets) installed for the tennants... Apparently, you can get them to pick it up themselves! Click on the house that needs the gadget, select the gadget screen, select the gaget to be installed and hit the "sell" button... the tenant wil go to the gadget factory and pick it up.

Last edited by Sociopathic; 11-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Sociopathic is offline                         Send a private message to Sociopathic
Old 29-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #383
CaesarJunior
Default constructor

Hi all!
Can anybody help me?
I am just playing this game,without "enemy" just build and build,and i have a mission: You have developed several stunning properties and have earned a reputation as the best building corporation in town.Therefore you now must complete a luxury development of three level 5 houses which occupy all of an estate .each are must have top of the range rooms with asbours and garden furniture.
I tired it,but i always die!I tried build thee house level 5 on the same estate,after each one different state,i put 2 asbours in all garden with garden furniture,and i upgraded all rooms to the best level,but i allways die!
What should i do?what is my mistake?
Please somebody help me!
Thanks

Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #384
riccso
Failboat guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTR1 View Post
The videos that show at the start of Constructor, when you lose or when you win.
These were located in a folder called WINDATA in the Constructor game folder (when installed from CD) and on the CD.

CONINTRO.AVI
CONLOSE.AVI
CONWIN.AVI

Constructor AVIs

DATA.FIL file located in FLICS folder on CD and in Constructor game folder when installed from CD.
Extract FLICS folder to Constructor game folder, default:
C:/ACCLAIM/CN
Contains all the video animations. Includes intro, win and lose videos within DATA.FIL.
You can now select Display All Video Animations : YES

CONSTRUCTOR FLICS DATA.FIL
The links are dead
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #385
KevinRussel666
Lurker

when i will start the game there comes only
ERROR = UNABLE TO SET BANKED GAPHICS MODE

what can i do???
KevinRussel666 is offline                         Send a private message to KevinRussel666
Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #386
hahajejeje
Call him Nacho!

Y remeber having this game,but y think y errased and y cant remeber why.....
hahajejeje is offline                         Send a private message to hahajejeje
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #387
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Only entry not down.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #388
DigitalBath
Default Solution for "Unable to spool file"

I know this is kinda old. But i loved this game so i've been trying to play in on windows XP. (What an headache to make it work >.<!! )

I used dosbox and started playing. But everytime i do something, an error comes up something like "Unable to spool file ..."

A few hours ago i found the solution in a brazilian forum here: http://www.600ml.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11941

Just needed to download those two files :
Parte1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ditfyw0u0fd
Parte2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?bzgoxyyxczn

Unzip them and then add them to the FLICS file in the Constructor File. Works Perfectly.

Hope it helps

Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #389
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

the reason you got the error message is that this game is a rip and it tries to look for video animations. most of people just disabled the video animations, but having them in here is nice as well, if the size weren't this big we could put it on the main site
Old 14-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #390
riccso
Failboat guest

Quote:
A few hours ago i found the solution