Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #21
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Well, we can't accept material from other sites.
Old 17-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #22
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

how do you actually think that abandonia collected all the games. by buyng them? don't be silly
Old 17-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
Dave

I'm only following the procedure:
"First of all, we only accept original games. We are well aware of all abandonware sites out there, so if you downloaded it from one of those - we don't need it. You can still suggest it by using the contact form if you think it would be a good addition to the site. Secondly, make sure that the game in question is abandonware (use our oldwarez search engine). When you have done that, send a message using the contact form and be sure to specify WHICH game you wish to contribute and give some details about it. After that, if the game you propose is appropriate for the site, you will soon be notified with the login info for the FTP server where you can upload it."
Old 17-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #24
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

so just dowcough i mean, buy it and upload in here :P
Old 17-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #25
Dave

And I should be silly, uh?
-5 respect for russ
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
Eronaile

Default Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase

Like the title says, I'm looking for a game that may or may not be based on the movie "Million dollar mystery". What I can remember from the game is this:

It's a turn based game, and the players have cars on a map (I can remember Europe, but can't tell if the map is limited to that continent). The map has cities/destinations/fields you stand on, and dotted lines between them. To move the cars you don't use a dice, but a slot machine (I suppose that is a good clue if anyone has any idea about what game this is). I think you can also get some special cards during the game, that does different things, like allow you to use a different slot machine (to get a higher number and move more spaces etc).

The point of the game is to reach a certain destination first (I assume to get a money reward). After this is reached, the location changes, and so it continues (or it ends and you start again, can't really remember).

I played this game in the 90s, could have been around 93-95. It had colors and decent graphics for that time. I think the version I played was a demo, as it always seemed a bit short or unplayable after running a while. I think it was delivered together with our new CD-ROM station, and it was deffinantly on a CD (probably a CD with a demo on it).

Like I said, from what I seem to remember from the game, it seems like it may be based on "Million dollar mystery". I had completely forgotten the game until I saw "Rat race". In fact, before I figured out about that movie being a remake of "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world" I thought the movie was inspired by the game.

I have spent the last days looking for it, searching all the games on this side, and numberous others, in addition to google searching. So far I haven't found anything. Hopefully somebody here might help
Eronaile is offline                         Send a private message to Eronaile
Old 08-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #27
fjj
Forum hobbit

Sounds like Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase.

The review at Home of the Underdogs.

Last edited by Dave; 08-03-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Please don't post links to other abandonware sites.
fjj is offline                         Send a private message to fjj
Old 08-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #28
Eronaile

That's the one, thanks a lot

Can't wait to try it again!
Eronaile is offline                         Send a private message to Eronaile
Old 08-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
Dave

Well done fjj
We already approved it here:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...ht=drago+chase

Would you like reviewing it?

Last edited by Dave; 08-03-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Dave is offline                         Send a private message to Dave
Old 08-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #30
fjj
Forum hobbit

Only after you have removed the link, it came to me that I should have checked whether the game is protected before posting the link. I searched the net and could find no definite answer, apart from the thread you point to.

I found some other sites that provide the game for download, but it's also for sale on amazon.de. The publisher has a page for the game, but no information is given how to get it.:notrust:

About the review: thanks for the offer and I would gladly accept it. But I have to admit I never played the game (let alone owned it), I just remember the review from a local games magazine. On the other hand, being unbiased by any old memories of the Chase, the review should be more objective.

As the game is no longer protected, I suppose it is "morally acceptable" to download it in order to do the review?
fjj is offline                         Send a private message to fjj