Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen.

As you may be aware I've not been in a very artistic mood and as such have been lacking things to do, boredom got the better of me and I typed this work up from an english lesson.

Theres two versions of a passage, kudos to whoever can guess which belongs to me. Explain why you've chosen that version please.

Version 1

I comfortably sat in the back of the roaring jeep that spluttered like a lion. I looked across the lush green plain towards the rocky cavernous mountains. I heard the humming sound of insects floating gently in the warm atmosphere. I felt full of joy, relaxed like a free flying bird.

Version 2

I was imprisoned within a dark damp military style truck. The engine choked periodically, the prospect of desertion within this horrific forest struck me with every such churning. My hand wandered from my side my body followed as I leant forward from the side bench that I had been sitting still upon for the last 3 hours. The moisture from the shadow ridden forest that swallowed us condensed upon my weather-beaten face. My clamped hand returned to my side after withdrawing the canvas truck cover that separated me from my surroundings. My eyes began to flicker from spot to spot, observing the dark unwelcoming environment that I was contained within. The discomforting distant sound of a ferocious sounding creature struck my ears. I was unnerved at once.

Note: Both passages are describing a picture that was given to the class. One passage was done as a group acitvity the other was a solo effort. The task was to describe the picture in the oppisite manner of the class passage.

Good Luck Guessing!

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 25-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The Second Passage Was My Version.

Despite the lack of replies I will share some more of my litertature when I next get the chance.

Old 25-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Chapter 1:
The air was moist. The storm that had swallowed the Abandonia village had not moved on. It had remained here for over a month, constant rain and heavy winds. One could not help but feel that it (the storm) was waiting for something. The village was of small size made up of many small cosy huts. Each hut had one window carved out of the back of the cylindrical shape that it was made up of. The front of the hut was home to the door. There was over a thousand identical little huts each home to different citizen. At the end of a row of 500 homes was a larger rectangular habitat. It was taller than the huts it was aligned beside and much grander. Beside the small knobbly path that led to the oak wood door was a sign planted firmly in the damp soil. Scratched into the wooden face was a simple word that read Admins.

Within the admin building stood a young man his name was Kosta. Dressed in an ankle length grey robe similar to those that the mythical Jedi wore. The founder of the small Abandonia community was standing beside a much smaller person dressed in overly large purple robes. Kosta slowly raised his hands and pulled the hood that covered his face backwards. The eerie baggy hood drooped down his back. His face was no longer hidden, he had shown himself. This alone was rare. However nothing quite compared to the rarity of the words that emerged from his lips when he opened his mouth.

‘’The dawn of a new era is almost upon us. The tyrants that have ruled this world for many years will finally be challenged. A young warrior brave as any man older than himself was chosen to carry out this task. Selected for a task that no other was able to pursue. This young warrior is you Magic. You are to leave our small community go forth and travel through the forest of copyright law; you may take two fellow citizens of Abandonia with you on this quest. The prophecy for tells that if more than two are taken all will die an early death. You must set out tonight, gather your gear and leave as soon as you can. Good luck young warrior.’’

Hm... rather crap but what can you do.