Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-04-2005, 05:56 AM   #81

I have somewhere the cdrom version of sc1 & sc2 that disables the stupid copy protection (official release from accolade). You should have that verson here.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #82
bloodbath

does anyone know who gives you the information to find the animal that the vux want to trade for the shofixti maidens i already read where its at but i dont remember anyone in the game telling me where to find it

Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #83
bloodbath
Cool

just so you know a good tip is to rack up about 1500 credits and buy information from the melnorme until you have heard all of the same type of info then load to a game right before you met him and buy all the next info until you have heard all the info from him and when youre done just load again and you will have stolen all his info without spending a dime

Old 11-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #84
Harleqwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodbath@May 10 2005, 09:21 PM
does anyone know who gives you the information to find the animal that the vux want to trade for the shofixti maidens i already read where its at but i dont remember anyone in the game telling me where to find it
Admiral Zex, Alpha Cerenkov 1.
Melnorme, alien race info.
The Thraddash mention the creature if you're allied with them.

Old 15-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #85

Sorry, I am not from this forum, but I have a question. Where on Earth can I find names of all the dwarves and giants? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Old 27-05-2005, 11:23 PM   #86
Megagun
Lurker

That should have gotten your attention..
Here's some more info..

There's a crack which bypasses the star info on http://www.star-control.com
(it's somewhere on the site, but you'll have to find it for yourself. It's quite intuitive. If you know that you're searching for a "file"...)

If you want to run it in dosbox, follow the info people said in a few threads before....

If you want to run it without dosbox, run it with these extra parameters:
/g:bios /s:silent
(so it becomes sc2.exe /g:bios /s:silent or something like that)
This will give you NO sound, yet it will probably work for you if you run it in any OS other than XP..

If you still can't get it to work:
http://sc2.sf.net
they released UQM 0.4 Saturday the 21st of May..

Oh, and "Bloodbath", doing your information trick sometimes won't work. There are a few occasions that you'll only get a "Conversation ability" if you bought the info from the Melnorme. This can cause to, IMHO, the best conversation with a baddie in game history... ever... that's right...

Besides, there are enough rainbow worlds.. When you've found a few, you should probably be able to find the rest.. Or so I hope.

Oh, and about the time limit: yes, you CAN know about it.
Firstly, the Melnorme tell you about their Metachron turning black.
Secondly, the Pkunk make a little confusing reference to it somewhere when you meet them first.
Thirdly, if you do the Zoq-Fot-Pik sidequest (making friends with them), you can get status updates from them. Boy, you'd soon find out about it.
Fourthly and Fifthly (?), both Ur-Quan species tell you about it if you ask them... The Kzer-Za (green) being more talkative about that though. However, it takes guts to go there.. :P

Most people make the mistake to go mining ONLY in the beginning of the game, though. As a player of the first hour, I'd recommend not to. Instead, mine WHILE DOING "QUESTS". Buys you a LOT of time.. You might also want to combine mining and questing with exploring (into unchartered terrain), so you'll soon find those aliens.
Megagun is offline                         Send a private message to Megagun
Old 27-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #87
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Tulac@Apr 2 2005, 11:19 PM
This was already talked about few pages ago, so no we won't worship you...
We could always warship him, as requested, though - anyone got a drydock, some labourers, a large quantity of steel, some munitions and 18 months or so we could borrow?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 01-06-2005, 03:01 PM   #88
Xavier

Hello to all!

Im trying to download the Ur-Quan Masters spoken a few posts up but the mirrors simply dont work and the email for the webmaster of the site too is strange, dont have @ simbol... Any ideas here?

Hugs,
Xavier

Old 23-06-2005, 01:59 PM   #89

Anyone know of a way to disable the questions at the beginning? I know Megagun mentioned a file but apparently I'm to dense to find it (I was thinking maybe the map utility but apparently not...) Since the game is free anyway it's not like it's unethical to give me a link to a crack somewhere, right? Pleeeeaaase? :angel:

Old 23-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #90
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Abandonware IS NOT "free".

Go to the specified link. Select "files" from the menu on the left. Then search around, you'll probably find it sooner or later. If not... Google is your friend.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman