Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Vince

Hey everybody. I'm back again.

I downloaded this RPG maker, but i'm not sure how to use it. As soon as I run it, it talks about installation hich takes about half a minute or so. Then, when I click 'Next' it says :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
RTP English
-----------
You just installed default Fonts, GFX, Sounds for RPG Maker 2000. Now you could play other RM2000 games or create your own (If you have got RPG Maker 2000).

You could read more about RPG Maker 2000 at my page:

http://rpgmaker.chat.ru

Don Miguel
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then it says that the installation is complete. When I click 'OK' it just exits me... So what the hell do I do now?

Thanks all.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you actually taken notice of certain things, you'd be aware that this is only an add-on package, not full RM2K.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #3

I see. Do you have any idea where I can maybe download the full version?

Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No, because as far as I know, you need to purchase the full version.

By the way... A friend of mine has it, and allowed me to try using it. Urgh. That's a real nightmare.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #5

Really? I heard that it was a pretty decent program.

Old 13-09-2005, 04:16 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Moved to the right forum since this have absolutly nothing to do with troubleshooting.
Old 13-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
Otaku Dash

Ok... I'll try to help you out.

RPG Maker is a great RPG creating software Translated to English by Don Miguel. The version You are trying to run now is RPG Maker 2002 if I'm not mistaken.

The problem you are having is that you don't Have RPG maker per se.... but the RTP.

RTP is a pack that contains all the basic Sprites, fonts, graphics and music for you to start your own Adventure. This is because basically most RPG creators do their own work (originality is always best but couldn't hurt to have a few backup work in case you can't find or create your own work).

Now what you have to do Is Install the RPG maker 2002 and THEN install the RPT.

Also... once you get along with this powerfull tool you can move on to RPG maker 2003, the most modern version translated (again) by Don Miguel. It was a far more powerfull interface and dosen't need the RTP because it's already included.

So to help you out (hope this is not a bad thing) here is an URL:

RPG maker arquives

DO this: Register so you can download RPG maker 2002 and 2003 (if you are in the mood).

When you extract the RPG maker 2002 there you will find another Zip. Forget it for now. Run the RPG maker 2002 setup and install it. Then Extract the other zip, wich contains the RTP Setup. Install it and...Voila! You got RPG maker 2002 working!!! HUZZA!

Rpg maker 2003 dosen't need this many twists as I said before, just install it (there is no ptoblem with compability... they are two stand alone programs). The only thing you have to be carefull is that games created by RPG maker 2002 can only be played in it, not in 2003 (and Vice-versa), because they have two diferent battle engines.

There you go. Hope I could help in some way... and have fun with this tool. NOW GO AND CREATE YOUR RPGS!!!
Otaku Dash is offline                         Send a private message to Otaku Dash