Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
shinjuji

Hay everyone I have been looking for Abandonware Online Multiplayer games and I am sure that alot of people will feel the same way games such as Netstorm , warcraft etc with not to high pc requirements.

Please make a list of the games and if you know where they can be found please post a link. (I have looked all through most of the abandonware sites by I would like reccomendations from people)

Thank you so much for any posts that are put here.

P.S I have been making websites for a long time and if I get enough links and that I might dedicate a site to abandonware online multiplayer games or if I find a game I am addicted to buy a server so people can play online because theres nothing like free games!

The brotherhood of NOD will chase Gufu1992 and all other GDI members to their graves.

To everyone who had read any of my post: SORRY BY MY ANGLISH
shinjuji is offline                         Send a private message to shinjuji
Old 11-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
JJXB
Pi-voh

i'd suggest phantasy star online (i think its abandonware anyway) since sega shut down the official servers, people have been downloaoding it and using it with player-made servers

edit - not sure of the sys requirements so it may not qualify
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 11-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
shinjuji

I have looked through nearly all of the abandonware sites but I would like reccomended games that you like or have played and is worth sharing with the world or atleast abandonia forums anyway. I know there are alot of people who feel the same as me and would like to know as well because theres nothing like good old multiplayer games ONLINE!

If I get alot of replys I will probably make a site dedicated to this genre instead of all of them or if I find a really good online game buy a server!

[Name: Netstorm]
[Mini Description:] A strategy game where you must capture the opponents priest a little like command and conquer style but smarter
[File Size about:] 13 MB
[Can Be Found] www.abandonia.com

You obviously don't have to do that but what ever details or games you can add it would be the best! :w00t:

The brotherhood of NOD will chase Gufu1992 and all other GDI members to their graves.

To everyone who had read any of my post: SORRY BY MY ANGLISH
shinjuji is offline                         Send a private message to shinjuji
Old 12-02-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
xoopx
Hero Gamer

there are some that were always free, but i dont know what theyre called
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 12-02-2005, 01:06 AM   #5
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

You might want to check out The MUD Connector. Although it doesn't deal with MUCKs or MUSHs, it does list 1600+ active text-based MUDs where people can interact in realtime, playing building, chatting: all sorts of themes, etc.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 12-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
JJXB
Pi-voh

www.mpogd.com lists all known online multiplayer games (be they pay, no, pay, text, java browser based etc) so thats a good source to go for online games
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Wha? There are free player made servers for the PC version of PSO? WHY did I not know this earlier?

*Frantically Googles for download site*
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 13-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #8
sm0kiE

Command and Conquer - this site
sm0kiE is offline                         Send a private message to sm0kiE
Old 13-02-2005, 01:11 AM   #9
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Since you already posted this thread under Favorite Oldies and Newbies, I'll give you the same answer I did, there:

You might want to check out The MUD Connector. Although it doesn't deal with MUCKs or MUSHs, it does list 1600+ active text-based MUDs where people can interact in realtime, playing building, chatting: all sorts of themes, etc.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 13-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Ideed man! Achaea is THE best online free game I have ever played. It may be text, but withought graphics to hinder it, it's absoluetely ENDLESS as to what you can do. I'm Skeric on there, an Elder in the Ocultists guild, if anyone plays. That game rocks, ive wasted away YEARS of my life on that thing.
and,
BlackMageJawa
Phantasy Star Online is free now. Its pay servers are all gone, so in a way, the game is abandoned. However if you download it, the "main" server (for its seemingly the main server if you log on) is player made, along with a few others. The game is best played with friends. There ARE others online you can ask to adventure with, but they aren't common. Not rare either, but still. However the game is just as funn in offline mode.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka