Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
Marleyman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wendymaree @ Aug 21 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]305803[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Are you going to share other photos with us. [/b]

This is the bueaty of Art. If you just draw a line on a sheet of paper, is it Art? To me, it depends upon why it was drawn in the first place.

[/font]

<span style="font-family:Verdana">In this case, my Photography is Art and the extension to my Art are the comments written below it. Those comment give purpose to an otherwise average Photograph. The writer has been drawn into the Art work and is now a willing/un-willing colaborator...

[font="Verdana"]And yes, there is more. And I will not be offended if you feel it should be closed. I'm easy like that.</span>

Marleyman is offline                         Send a private message to Marleyman
Old 21-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
dosraider
Dismembered.

I'm sorry if my posts seems a bit spammy, wasn't really intended that way.

Say Marleyman would you be so kind to explain a bit how you took the pic? What apparatus, light sources and such? It's really good and sharp.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

in case you are not bot, then yeah its realy nice close up on the circket

by the way.. why "spam"? dosraider just made a joke. dont you people have sence for humor or something? and the forum is not dead at least
Old 21-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dosraider @ Aug 20 2007, 07:17 PM) [snapback]305743[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hide all crickets!!
There is a Chinese onboard ... euuurgh ... on the board.
Ya know what will happen with that cricket, don't you?

Seems the're pretty crunching when roasted.
Yummy.
[/b]
They taste kind of like popcorn
Old 21-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #15
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I got a complaint from one of the other moderators who suggested this topic be closed, but if others are wanting to talk more about this topic, then do so, I guess.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Marleyman

Yes, Talk Lots! I like Talk. The more random, the better.

This image was captured by me and the 'planning to capturing' time was 7 Months.

That is because I had to plant lots of wild flowers in my garden first in order to get the 'creepy crawlies' to come in. I should add that I hate creepy crawlies.

Once that was done it was easy!

I got my tri-pod, a chair, a cup of tea and my camera. The camera is NOT a digital camera, it is a Canon T90 slr which is 22 years old. I put a x2 tele-converter macro barrel on to the body then added a 50mm F1.8 FD Lens. The Film was Standard Kodak film rated at 200iso.

Once that lot was set up in front of a possible basking spot for the wee beastie I sat back with my tea until one 'creeped' along. :P & I then 'creeped' to the lens ad focused in on the blighter and as soon as the wind stopped blowing the flower around, I snapped this photo. Shutter Speed 250/s Aperture F2.8

The Tea was Milk, no Sugar... :P

The depth of Field I was working with would not be much more than 4cm. The image is well worth the work and I will post more so long as I know others are OK with it.

I don't want the Mods all over me what with me being new and all...

Marleyman is offline                         Send a private message to Marleyman
Old 21-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #17
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, now you've introduced yourself and posted more, people know you're not a bot but someone interested in creating and willing to share. That's what this forum is looking for, so post away, Marleyman.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
dosraider
Dismembered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marleyman @ Aug 21 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]305873[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
it is a Canon T90 slr which is 22 years old. I put a x2 tele-converter macro barrel on to the body then added a 50mm F1.8 FD Lens. [/b]
You're not kidding, are you ?
That's a nice piece. I should know, I had one, had, t'll one of my grandchildren decided to give that weird thing a closer look :( .

One more question, (nosy me, yes), Do you scan the picture or do you scan the photographic negative?

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #19
Marleyman

[quote]

I scan the negatives using a Dedicated Negative Scanner, namely the Canoscan FS4000US. That equipment allows me to scan in at a massive 4000dpi. In fact it is one reason I do not switch to a Digital SLR, that and the fact that my FD Lenses will not fit and D-SLR.

I can then poster-size my images, one in particular is a night shot of the Golden Gate Bridge in SF. Funny shot that one, I forgot to take my tri-pod so I built one from a pile of rocks!

Old 22-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
Tito
Alley Cat

Ohhh! I'm so dissapointed... I thought you had a cricket as a pet, or something like that, that followed you to every place and singed for you...

Anyway, don't take my words too seiously, as I'm quite biased by my personal love for bugs, spiders, reptiles, amphibious and all kinds of little animals (and not as food).

Apart from that, the photo is very good. Maybe I could try to post some of my old photos having small creatures as targets. That is, if I overcome my lazyness and fix my scanner...