Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
Aindra

I looked around your site but can't find few ones that I'm trying to find. I also tried to use the google but no luck. (Searching for them is difficult since I have no clue what are the titles.)

Long ago when I was a kid (before 8 age, I think) my parents brought the couple games for the really old laptop (I think it's Windows 3.1 laptop)

I'll try to describle those couple games best as I can.

1. Throwing-type game (I know there are already many simliar games but I really want to know what is its title.)
1. Two monkeys (or apes) one on left side and one on right side.
2. There are buildings of varying length under and between the monkeys.
3. There is a wind, of varying power in each turn.
4. You have to use the monkey to "aim" and throw a banana at another monkey.
-----You put in number in the angle, and how hard you'll throw the banana.
5. Once a banana is landed on the building, it'll destroy some portion of that building.
6. Objective of the game is throw the bananas, and get direct hit at your enemy monkey to win.
7. Two different modes: Player vs Computer, and Player vs Player.

2. Adventure?-type game (really hard to explain but I'll try my best)
1. The main character is old man with long nose (I think he's bald too, or maybe just couple hairs)
2. He's inside in some sort of the building because I can't recall seeing the outside map.
3. The setting of the inside building appears to be like dungeon/castle type.
4. The graphics were quite impressive (I was impressed by it back then, I'm sure by today's standard, it isn't great but still.)
5. He moves diagonally, not up, down, left or right - you get an idea.
6. There are some monsters included, that much I remember but I can't remember what are they. I think there are bats too.
7. He needs some water to drink, if not, he'll die (I think.) There are water fountains on the wall where he can drink.
8. In the laptop, it's in black-white. But I recall that I saw the same game on my friend's computer and it's in colour. I don't know what is his computer (Atari or windows 3.1 or later version, I have on clue.)
9. I think there are some puzzles involved, and also he fights the monsters, but I don't sure how exactly he fight.
10. I don't really know the objective of the game. Back then, I can't really read well so I just explored the rooms, since I thought it was rather cool and a bit creepy game.

Thanks for your time for reading this post, and sorry in advance if I did something wrong or remember wrong.
I will love it if one of you know the titles for those games. I asked my parents but like me, they also forgot.
Aindra is offline                         Send a private message to Aindra
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

QBasic Gorillas
Old 09-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
Aindra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Jul 9 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]298714[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
QBasic Gorillas
[/b]
Ah, yes, that is one! Thanks a million! :P
Aindra is offline                         Send a private message to Aindra