Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
CrybKeeper
Game freak

Default Can I promote Abandonia? Need PressKit.

I could make up a banner real quick, but it would be much better, if Abandonia had a contest, to create the sites official advertising banner, for members to use on their other websites.

Game forums generally allow a forum signature banner, 20px by 80px or somewhere in that general size. 15 or 20 kb. This can depend on the website alot and the popularity of the games themselves.

Simtropolis.com(all things Sim and Simcity) is a grand place to use sig banners. I have tested this with all sorts of subjects. Gamers like gamer sigs, music buffs, like music links and so on...

Abandonia could definitely use new blood and potential for more help at the the site.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Thumbs up

Great idea
Old 06-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Good idea, let's see what we can do.
Any proposal?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
CrybKeeper
Game freak

Default Set some rules and give some liscense

A banner page could be added with a link to it, under the Site Navigation tab maybe. Also a banner for the Abandonia homepage could be designed, to link members directly to the banner page.

On the banner page you would have a list, of maybe 6 to 8 banners, with one, or two approved designs. Larger Flash for websites and social networks. smaller square and strip banners, without animation, for forum sigs and friends with smaller bandwidth.

Under each banner image, insert a table, containing the code for copy/pasting.

The design will need to include, Title: "Abandonia" and possibly a sub or headline: "Our Dreams Are In DOS", for example. Not a good example, but you get my meaning.

It's up to the admins, how much creative liscense, they wish to give to the community, for a contest.

EDIT: Winners could recieve a copy of a pre-decided game title, maybe a T-shirt, coffee mug, etc., just for incentive. I'll have to keep it a secret from my wife, but I could supply some funding through PayPal in the near future.

Last edited by CrybKeeper; 06-04-2009 at 07:17 PM.
CrybKeeper is offline                         Send a private message to CrybKeeper
Old 07-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrybKeeper View Post
A banner page could be added with a link to it, under the Site Navigation tab maybe. Also a banner for the Abandonia homepage could be designed, to link members directly to the banner page.
This can be done, but we need time, lot of time
We are working on the site step by step, it's not so easy to follow everything. Updates have the priority at the moment.

Quote:
On the banner page you would have a list, of maybe 6 to 8 banners, with one, or two approved designs. Larger Flash for websites and social networks. smaller square and strip banners, without animation, for forum sigs and friends with smaller bandwidth.

Under each banner image, insert a table, containing the code for copy/pasting.
Quote:
The design will need to include, Title: "Abandonia" and possibly a sub or headline: "Our Dreams Are In DOS", for example. Not a good example, but you get my meaning.
Indeed, funny thing is that there are old banners floating on the net, as you probably know this site has changed layout many times

Quote:
It's up to the admins, how much creative liscense, they wish to give to the community, for a contest.

EDIT: Winners could recieve a copy of a pre-decided game title, maybe a T-shirt, coffee mug, etc., just for incentive.
That would be nice, but we are not ready for real prizes yet.
First we need to contact few people, but we are waiting an important answer from Studentis now (those that are paying for server).

Quote:
I'll have to keep it a secret from my wife, but I could supply some funding through PayPal in the near future.
Thank you, but don't feel obligated

(Won't tell her, don't worry )
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
A12Alex

Send a message via MSN to A12Alex

I kinda like this idea a lot, I mean there are some signatures you can use on other forums but they wouldn't really suit being a website.
A12Alex is offline                         Send a private message to A12Alex
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Dave

Little update, the page is under developement, it's a matter of "which banner is better than that" and those kind of things