Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #81
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Yeah, but we don't need that many. We have to think about the server too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
even so the Boxshots for Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign is all approved.
Hey, don't worry: you can alawys discard them... no problem.

But FYI here is what they are:
Both are just the jewel case inlays (front & back); Campaign has also the CD picture. That's all.

BTW: some questions
a) I saw a walkthrough by Crash in one game on Site. Assuming that T. Henrik is not Crash (although it could happen...), does it mean one can/should offer walkthroughs, manuals, covers made by others? and if so, what would be the difference between that and screenshots and or old reviews?
You see, I have stored along the years quite some stuff, and just would not mind to share. I just need to understand what may be of interest for Abandonia... and or how should I pick the "right" stuff... so far not totally clear to me... (I mean, beyond what i've been doing, of course).

b) This way I should also ask, what about a cover image, which I lost trace where it came from, years ago, of Amazon? and the same happens with others, be them screenshots, reviews or walkthroughs (some old, some unidentified,)
Thanks
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Old 24-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #82
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Our policy is not to accept stuff taken from other sites. Material like walkthroughs, guides need special approvement from the author of those specific guides before being uploaded on AB.

Material like boxshots and manuals should not be taken from other sites, even more when talking about reviews and screens. These should be totally original, made by you.

Just think about it, how fast is your material uploaded? Very slow. Thus we aren't in a hurry, there is no need to upload stuff taken from somewhere else because it won't really improve Abandonia with much. If one possesses normal google skills, he can easily find boxshots or manuals uploaded somewhere else, not necessarily on AB. We primarily need material that is impossible to find on other sites.
Old 24-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #83
Dragom
Game freak

Default Now on FTP

The [APPROVED] boxshots
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Callahans Crosstime Saloon
Centurion
Sting!
The Clue!
Clue: Master Detective
are...

Last edited by Dragom; 24-11-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: grammar...
Old 24-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #84
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

@Dragom please upload Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign too. Thank you.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 24-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #85
Dragom
Game freak

Default on ftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
@Dragom please upload Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign too. Thank you.
The [APPROVED] boxshots

Campaign
The Castle of Dr. Brain

are now...
Old 26-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #86
Dragom
Game freak

Default Offering more boxshots

Quote:
Our policy is not to accept stuff taken from other sites. Material like walkthroughs, guides need special approvement from the author of those specific guides before being uploaded on AB.
Just think about it, how fast is your material uploaded? Very slow. Thus we aren't in a hurry, there is no need to upload stuff taken from somewhere else ...

Here some more boxshots:
Cruise for a Corpse (FD and CD)
Crime Time
Crime City
The Scroll
I. M. Meen
Dark Seed
Dark Seed II

As for the AB policy, it seems allright to me, but the more I dig on the site the more cases I find: manuals and walkthroughs taken from other sites.
It was the case I specified in my 1st note on this topic - contrary to AB policy - that made me re-ask questions, in first place. The substantial number of other cases, I've been seen meanwhile reinforces the logic of those doubts.
So, if there is any rush, it sure is not mine... (where is that idea coming from?) :wondering:
Old 27-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #87
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Specifying which ones are taken and from which sites will make us investigate the respective cases, and if it's true the files will be removed from site. Any suspicion, complemented later with proof that your material is taken from somewhere else will force us to immediately remove yours too, so don't worry about it.

There's also one point to understand. Some files on the site were uploaded here with approval from the original author. This is the case mostly with some walkthroughs and guides.
Old 27-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #88
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

The boxshots you offered are [APPROVED] btw
Old 27-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #89
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Specifying which ones are taken and from which sites will make us investigate the respective cases, and if it's true the files will be removed from site. Any suspicion, complemented later with proof that your material is taken from somewhere else will force us to immediately remove yours too, so don't worry about it.

There's also one point to understand. Some files on the site were uploaded here with approval from the original author. This is the case mostly with some walkthroughs and guides.

Nope I have no reasons to worry, but it looks like you are more worried with what I might do, than what was done already...
So there is no point anymore, no further comments.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #90
Dragom
Game freak

Default on FTP

The [APPROVED] boxshots

Cruise for a Corpse (FD and CD)
Crime Time
Crime City
The Scroll
I. M. Meen
Dark Seed