Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #101

Yep, after I added the registry stuff. I love it.

Old 27-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #102
Merckster

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Mar 27 2005, 09:16 PM
Yep, after I added the registry stuff. I love it.
Ugh, forgot to log in AGAIN.
Merckster is offline                         Send a private message to Merckster
Old 31-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #103
Hello

Im not a member of this site but i really need some help

When i start the game is says tha the file DPLAY.dll could not be found

What is happening?>

Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #104
roguetiger

ok downloaded the game. GREAT game of course. But have a few questions. Why dont' the American names of the cities show up? And since this says it has the patch already on it, why can't I build on a slope like the patch says you should be able to do or is this a seperate patch and would that patch work with this one?
roguetiger is offline                         Send a private message to roguetiger
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #105
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Depend what you mean by "building on a slope". If you start a bridge and end up at the same level then you'll create a suspended bridge one level above the ground like normal. If you build a bridge over a gap then you must absolutly end at the same level at the other side of the gap and it will create a normal bridge at the same level than the ground (or lower if you do it lower).

What you can also do is create a bridge from ground level and end it up one level higher on a slope. This mean that it will have a decending slope at one end and a level slope at the other. This is probably what you meant but I'm not sure.

For the American names, you should play with the options before actually starting your new game. If I remember well some options are hard setted at startup (like driving on left... Still wondering why? :blink and you have to manually change them before starting a new game. Once you start the game you don't have to play with the options again.

Hello: I'd suggest you download the version from this site and try again.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #106
Hark

Can helicopters ever make any money? I could never make them profitable. I made aloto of profit once delivering coal to a power plant using some of those supersonic planes though, ehehe. Any you guys do similar things with planes?
Hark is offline                         Send a private message to Hark
Old 12-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #107
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Any you guys do similar things with planes?
Of course.

I really hate using Helicopters because you almost need an airport only for them unless you wish to have your planes clugged when they land. If you still have old small airport from the beginning of the game they can become reliable and give out money by oppening helipads in towns around the small airport. Another use is to build one right next to an extremely busy bus stop and try to take out some of the passengers out from the weight of the bus stop since once you add too much bus the stop is even less efficient. This way you could create some major buck.

I myself usually only use them on oil rigs to be sure they'll have everything and are more likely to grow. I never actually be able to prove my point but I never took the chance since the oil rigs are usually my main source of income for about 3/4 of the times.
Old 13-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #108
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I usually didn't bother with helicopters, since the number of passengers at my oil rigs were always terribly low. Maybe they didn't grow because I didn't send any helicopters, but in any case, other sources were more promising to start with.
In the end I always ended up using the largest aircraft alongside supersonic ones, to avoid huge queues at the airports.
Also, the few helicopters I used, never generated much profits, usually even less than a single bus.
I remember when I played the original Transport Tycoon, that I never wanted to use more than 3 buses or lorries at the same stop, since 3 could block each other then, ruining that particular station
I guess that's been solved in the Deluxe version though, but I never actually tested that.
Old 13-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #109
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

It is fixed but jams still happen when a road vehicle break down in the entrance or exit of the station. Other vehicles "jump over it" and they all get stuck. It's really hell when you have a lot of vehicles stuck at the same place and you try to unstuck them. It's especially annoying late in the game when you don't really have time to suppervise all your road vehicles... And you then notice that some of your trucks been stuck for well over a complete year. :angry:
Old 14-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #110
Frostvik

Usually when encountering a large pile of vehicles, the best way is to stop them all and then send them of one at a time.
Frostvik is offline                         Send a private message to Frostvik