Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #2861

or maybe the game is just supposed to be this fast im not sure

in 5 second mode are the seconds supposed to be going by like really fast like i cant see them or is it supposed to be slower

in 5 second mode the time passes at about 2 minutes per second and if i press 1 day mode it just goes retardedly fast. is this the way it is supposed to be?

Old 13-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #2862
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

In '5 second mode' every real time second you should see 5 seconds being added to the game time (more or less)

Normally the windows version should run at normal speed, but you can always download a slowdown utility (google for that or for Turbo, probably the best known one)
Old 13-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #2863

Molte grazie Incappucciato d'Ombra. I finally handled to kick the aliens behind when they came to invade my base. Must have had something to do with the tank I used plus the laser rifles I researched. Thank you for your detailed tipps.

UFO Whooper

Old 13-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #2864
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 13 2007, 02:49 AM) [snapback]304363[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
or maybe the game is just supposed to be this fast im not sure

in 5 second mode are the seconds supposed to be going by like really fast like i cant see them or is it supposed to be slower

in 5 second mode the time passes at about 2 minutes per second and if i press 1 day mode it just goes retardedly fast. is this the way it is supposed to be?
[/b]
http://www.zshare.net/video/3118186d2e3ac4/
Old 13-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #2865
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 13 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]304474[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Molte grazie Incappucciato d'Ombra. I finally handled to kick the aliens behind when they came to invade my base. Must have had something to do with the tank I used plus the laser rifles I researched.[/b]
Conventional firearms are worthless, you won't go far into the game if replacing them with new technology is not your TOP priority. Plasma is more powerful but laser has infinite ammo.
Old 13-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #2866

thanks for the video and tips

the video runs at about the same speed as my game but another_guest said that the game should run at 5 seconds per 5 real time seconds and that is definitely going a lot faster than that. also a lot of the messages seem to go by 2 quickly in battle

ive tried slowdown programs but they dont really work for some reason

if someone could just let me know what im sposed to run to run the dos version that would be great

again i have dosbox and i know how to use it i just dont know which files to run to make x-com run

thanks alot again

Old 13-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #2867
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 14 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]304535[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i have dosbox and i know how to use it i just dont know which files to run to make x-com run
[/b]
Launch Ufocd (i suppose that you use the dos version of UFO, downloadable from abandonia, i'm right? )
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 14-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #2868

thanks friend

i never try .bat files i usually only try the exe's

but it is definitely working in proper time now so i can finally enjoy my life

and to the guy who sent the video thanks but you should know that you are also playing the game much 2 fast

but thanks all who helped

Old 15-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #2869
UFO Whooper

Now that I managed to survive the base attacks, I encounter once again the problem of having one particular base attack mission where the game crashes to desktop a couple of turns into the combat. The attack on the base seems to be scripted, because if I go back to an earlier savegame, it still occurs.

I really am amazed that all the people here seem to be able to play and finish the game, regarding bugs like this. Any help?

Thanks,

UW

Old 15-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #2870

I forgot: I installed the DOS Version to see if it would solve anything and even managed to get my savegames running on it, but the game is so slow on my 1200 Mhz Laptop that it's unplayable....

UW