Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #311
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No problem. If you need any more help with any other games... just ask.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #312
Biesiuss
Exclamation

I was playing it today, I love this game since day I play it....

Keeping the things simple and experimenting, this game have a HIGH replaying level)....

The funny thing is: today I get something I call "The Flying Dutch" unit.....

And of course: is a YAB :bleh:

I dont know, I have a archmage with 2 life books, 6 or 7 books of Chaos and 1 of nature (wich I find in a Keep), .I was advanced in the game (normal level, I dont have enough experience to deal with immpossible level), also I was Myrrean and Dark Elf Civ, also extermined the other mage in myrra (Ss´ra) and I have the other 4 mages alive, I have a good mixture of spells and found the Artificer and Runesmaster artifacs in some Lair too...

I was having a good time when a Dark Elfs Galleon wich I build to pick a captured-then-settled Halfings isolated in a isle to traslade to a few lone continent (I wanna more Farms) then suddendly and without explication the Galleon becomes WindWalker/DemonCaster/Invissble/immune to Poison, fire, death, and a lot of more stuff I cant rememeber/have Death precence or something (have a Skull item in his propeties)/"Corrupting Soil" stuff and having a lot of swords, shields and crosses.....and Plane Travel included...

When I see that thing i said "Wow, Davy Jones is in the house" LOL

Obviously I use to get into the most powerfull mage continent and have some fun....until I cast Crusader and
the thing was unstoppable, Shamans and lesser units (this saved game sucks cuz everyone have packs and packs of Klaklon bugs).....

The flaws this Black Pearl have: never send it against a city, he dont move at all and the game defeats u and lost the unit.

A pack of 9 Fire Breathing elite Battle Bugs ruin his paint, if u not cast anything to help him, of course...

If anyone wanna see it send me a mail to biesiuss2 (at) yahoo.com

Master of Magic Rules the planet....

Something cool characters development to add to a MoM2 or Fanmods can be:

Hero afinnity: a Chaos Hero can develop better with a Chaotic Archmage than a LifeArchmage one...

The Hability of at certain level the Heroes can be independent (LOL) exp:
Making the Heros have "Life Time", Example, Jars serve u for 30 "Arcanum or Myrran" years then retire or jubilate, This make more Heroes available (ok im tired of having Bagthru on my door every time I play) and rotate and renew the possibilities.

When u leave a certain Hero in a mid-developed city, then other mage induces him to his side, he betrays u and join the other Mage. Also u can do that with other Mage Heros, so some features to keep your Hero can be greated, like Nobelity issues or Magic/Gold rewards.

To Extend the playing Game u can "Jubilate" a certain Hero after a reasonable time of service, making him regent or something of certain number of cities.... This can help to avoid rebellions for a certain time. Dreaming a little u can creat "Bloodlines".

Made these regular "Ultra Elite" or "Champion" units generate a Hero, example:

I have a pack of Longbows garrisoned in the Main City from the beguinning, for one or another reason they survive all the game and When I finish they still there, at highest level. Why not a "special" Building available when you have a certain number of Capitals or certain monetary level and buildings where u send a Ultra Elite or Champion´s to train adn get a Hero?, maybe a skill of the Archmage can be "Wizard Trainer or Hero Trainer".

That and some campaing mode can be great in this game, even If still in low res graphics what I plead is a good storytelling Game....

Thanks for having it here!

Old 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #313
Szaemon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoM_Junkie_Vebose @ Apr 8 2005, 09:31 AM) [snapback]92344[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

At the impossible setting enemy wizards get several advantages...
[/b]
This brings up an interesting point. Does anyone know how to "break into" the game and give ourselves some unfair advantages?
Szaemon is offline                         Send a private message to Szaemon
Old 10-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #314
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I might if I had enough data to process.

But I don't feel like working on that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #315
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Szaemon @ Aug 10 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]247752[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MoM_Junkie_Vebose @ Apr 8 2005, 09:31 AM) [snapback]92344[/snapback]
Quote:

At the impossible setting enemy wizards get several advantages...
[/b]
This brings up an interesting point. Does anyone know how to "break into" the game and give ourselves some unfair advantages?
[/b][/quote]
Simply, look here - Dirty Little Helper
All you need yet is a hex-editor and some basic knowledge with it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #316
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

The "Flying Dutch Unit" is so cheap. Well, I guess a lot of things are cheap in this game. They're not as cheap since there's no real multiplayer mode yet. I like using Dark Elves for their Warlocks' special Doom Bolt. Ten hits instantly like that will kill nearly anything. A full army of Warlocks can take out anything (without Magic Immunity, right?).
Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #317
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Exactly, you wouldn't want to try that against one or more sky drakes...
Old 11-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #318
Szaemon

Quote:
Simply, look here - Dirty Little Helper
All you need yet is a hex-editor and some basic knowledge with it.
[/b]
Thanks Scatty. In fact I have no knowledge (basic or otherwise) regarding hex editing...but this is the kind of game that inspires a quest for knowledge....
Old 11-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #319
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's easier then it seems, really. The hardest part will be to get familiar with the hexadecimal numbering system.

For a decent editor, I recommend Hex Workshop. Maybe not the best there is, but I've been using it for seven years now and didn't have any complaints so far. Plus, it includes a numeric converter from decimal to hexadecimal values and vice versa.

-- Reed Richards
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #320
Szaemon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 12 2006, 12:40 AM) [snapback]247980[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's easier then it seems, really. The hardest part will be to get familiar with the hexadecimal numbering system.

For a decent editor, I recommend Hex Workshop. Maybe not the best there is, but I've been using it for seven years now and didn't have any complaints so far. Plus, it includes a numeric converter from decimal to hexadecimal values and vice versa.
[/b]
Thanks again! you answered my next question before I could ask it. I hope you're right about it being easier than it seems. After my first glance...well, I guess I don't have to tell you how it seems...