Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-04-2005, 03:54 AM   #11
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Ah, great game.

I bought it years ago and still have it. I remember playing it on my first PC computer (XT). I never followed the story though, as I kept just doing missions and getting better mechs. In the end I had a full squad of battle masters, but had missed out on the story line side, so I had never really finished it.
________
Toyota Limo History

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:04 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 14-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Guest_Aki

Nice job posting it, thanks. BTW i can't remember my password, can you e-mail it to me :help:

Old 14-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #13
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Aki, when you click on Log In, above the part where you need to enter your login information is a link that will automatically resend it to you k:
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 14-04-2005, 08:11 AM   #14
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

This is a true classic. The graphics are not very impressive these days, but I finished this game three times in a row back then. It was lots of fun especially when your team of light mechs went up against a team of medium-to -heavy mechs and you survived with a mech that was 75 % destroyed.

A hint. The trick to this game is salvage. The contracts don't pay a lot, but the salvage on expensive enemy mechs is what pays the bills. So do not completely destroy them, but disable them instead. If you're close you can try blowing the cockpit away. From a distance, try to blow one of its legs away.

Another hint is to find the perfect balance bewteen missiles and hevay energy weapons. You can blow a leg of a mech with a couple of PPC's and while you cool down you can use the missiles to protect yourself. Remember you can (sometimes) jump over hills and suprise enemies from the rear.

I think I've played the entire mechwarrior series except the last one and they all were as much fun as the first one.

Question : Who ripped who off anyway ? Robotech or BattleTech ? Or is it a franchise or something. ? For a fact, some of the mechs in BattleTech are also present in RoboTech.

Happy gaming,
Lodewijk
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 14-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Battletech ripped Robotech. Recently they had to dump the whole Robotech-lookalikes part of their merchandise, since the company that gave them rights (Robotech-based game, then they were carried over to Battletech) decided to quite their side of the deal.

As for the unpacker, just get Total Commander file manager. It has built-in unpackers for several popular formats.

PS. Similar to Alien Breed? You must be joking...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #16
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

I just gotta jump in here to defend BattleTech... Harmony Gold was unreasonable with their demands, and it wasn't recently. It was in the early 90s. Does the BattleMaster or Maraduer really resemble any Veritechs? I miss those designs, too. Also, BattleTech has created it's own flavour, style and world and no longer resembles Robotech/Macross at all, not that it resembled it too much in the first place, and anyone who says otherwise is just one of those people who take inspiration as "idea theft".

About the game, I never bothered with the story etiher. To be honest, it's not good at all.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 14-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #17
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

Hey, I like both of them. I really don't care who ripped who off, that was just something I wondered about. Nevertheless, a bunch of mechs are completely identical in both techs. the marauder is one. I believe the warhammer is also. Not quite sure how many more, but there are definitely more. Anyway, who cares, the more mechs the merrier.
I watched three years of epsiodes of Robotech when I was just a little zit. Fifteen years later I still long for my own mech . Hot damn, that series was cool.

Cheers,
Lodewijk
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 14-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Does the BattleMaster or Maraduer really resemble any Veritechs? I miss those designs, too.
Battlemaster - Dougram "Bigfoot"
Marauder - Macross Zentraedi "Glaug"

Quote:
Also, BattleTech has created it's own flavour, style and world and no longer resembles Robotech/Macross at all, not that it resembled it too much in the first place, and anyone who says otherwise is just one of those people who take inspiration as "idea theft".
Indeed, however the lawyers of Harmony Gold might have different opinion.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree+Apr 14 2005, 01:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wendymaree @ Apr 14 2005, 01:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Apr 13 2005, 09:35 PM
What program was used to compress the files? windows says it's an unknown compression method
You need a recent version of winrar to uncompress the files. Winrar is freely available across the net. [/b][/quote]
That worked. Thanks! :bye:

Old 15-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #20
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Apr 15 2005, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Does the BattleMaster or Maraduer really resemble any Veritechs? I miss those designs, too.
Battlemaster - Dougram "Bigfoot"
Marauder - Macross Zentraedi "Glaug"

Quote:
Also, BattleTech has created it's own flavour, style and world and no longer resembles Robotech/Macross at all, not that it resembled it too much in the first place, and anyone who says otherwise is just one of those people who take inspiration as "idea theft".
Indeed, however the lawyers of Harmony Gold might have different opinion.
And the warhammer was also a general destroid mech. And I think the phoenix hawk was as well. Similar to a battleoid anyway.

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:05 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75