Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #261
yaprk901
Lurker

Simply put, the greatest sailing game of all time, and one of my personal favorite game of all time.

Sorry mr. Meier, I know that your pirates! came out first, and I like both the original and the new 3D remake, but this game is untouchable.

There's also a Super Nintendo port of this game, not sure which came out first, but they're both very, very good.

everyone should give this a shot. One of the best examples that shows what games are supposed to be.
yaprk901 is offline                         Send a private message to yaprk901
Old 16-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #262
grikmok
Default Enrico will not ask to be taken to Zipangu

Hi,

I have defeated the Turkish fleet in Massawa. What's next? A walkthrough said that Enrico will be asked to be taken to Zipangu. But that hasn't happen in my game. My current Adventurer Fame is 29,650. Is it enough for this next step to happen or do I need more Adventurer Fame points?

Thanks!

Old 17-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #263
sawakita_eiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_guest View Post
It's been ages since I played... Alliances have to do either with investing in the local economy / industry, or with paying the king a visit. Just have a look what options you get when visiting the king. If none of them helps in forming an alliance, it will be investments that do the trick.
tq...i've finished the game,..and now starting over with otto baynes, the old man from england.
sawakita_eiji is offline                         Send a private message to sawakita_eiji
Old 19-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #264
another_guest_

Quote:
Originally Posted by grikmok View Post
Hi, I have defeated the Turkish fleet in Massawa. What's next? A walkthrough said that Enrico will be asked to be taken to Zipangu. But that hasn't happen in my game. My current Adventurer Fame is 29,650. Is it enough for this next step to happen or do I need more Adventurer Fame points?
Thanks!
Have you gone to the dock in Massawa, then to the pub?

Old 19-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #265
grikmok

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_guest_ View Post
Have you gone to the dock in Massawa, then to the pub?
I don't think I went to the pub after the dock.

Old 20-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #266
another_guest_

Quote:
Originally Posted by grikmok View Post
I don't think I went to the pub after the dock.
As far as I remember in the dock you would be challenged by Catalina, then another character would interrupt and there would be no fight.
But then you need to go to the pub to allow your mate (or whoever exactly is with you on that mission) to talk to you about going to Zipangu.

I hope this helps, I have no idea if you need to have a certain level of fame for this specific step.

P.S. I really need to start remembering my password here

Old 21-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #267
grikmok

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_guest_ View Post
As far as I remember in the dock you would be challenged by Catalina, then another character would interrupt and there would be no fight.
But then you need to go to the pub to allow your mate (or whoever exactly is with you on that mission) to talk to you about going to Zipangu.

I hope this helps, I have no idea if you need to have a certain level of fame for this specific step.

P.S. I really need to start remembering my password here
Actually, I got it, it's the Adventure Fame, I hit 30,000 and Enrico came and said that he wanted to go to Zipangu. Another question: where is the supply port Forel? I am trying to get the Saber tooth tiger. All the walkthroughs always say to turn North from Forel. But I cannot seem to find it. Anyone can give me the coordinates?

Old 22-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #268
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Forel is at 62n 40w, is easy to get lost on artic regions
Old 31-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #269
myxdres

Default Roamer's Delight

Most games are one-way deadend streets, with branching deadend alleys. But New Horizons offers many ways to roam to your heart's content; so much so that you can almost create your own game-within-a-game.

My favourite character is Ali because he is simply a trader and trading is the game's core activity; which means he can step completely outside of his scenario and still be able to return to it (if you so wish). I was lucky in being introduced to the game by a fellow who liked to study games after he had mastered them - he would do bizarre things like pop Ali in and out of the Inn thousands of times until he (Ali, i.e.) finally died of old age, his life's dream unfulfilled.

But I found far more interesting variables hidden within the normal play-mode. Though I don't want to reveal too much, so as not to rob you of the pleasure of discovery, to start here are two in-scenario examples:

1) get Ali to fulfill his goal never using more than one ship; and

2) see how long, and how far afield, you can keep him working only for the Guild doing trade jobs.

Presently I am seeing what happens globally if I keep him trading until he dies. So far it is 1526, with Turkey at 11000 income and Portugal being its only rival at 4000. I am keeping Ali at -5 relationships with other nations, which protects him from battle fleets and keeps the pirates from being fanatical pursuers. Another consequence is that there is very little "stealing" of Allied ports from him.
myxdres is offline                         Send a private message to myxdres
Old 18-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #270
jdog3015
Lurker

Hi im trying to install the game and I got it mostly working through DOSBox, but when I press enter to finalize the installation it says "Please Insert NH_CD and press Enter". Am I possibly missing a file??
jdog3015 is offline                         Send a private message to jdog3015