Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #121
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

You have read lauding reviews for LotR3? I read only two reviews but neither of the two where very flattering about it. The highest scorring one gave it 73% and that is by a magazine I know always adds atleast 10% over what I would give a game. The other had a score somewhere in the 60% range. Neither review was positive about the game and both claimed it had major problems.

Gamespot: 8.4 out of 10. Usually, Gamespot is on the conservative side; not that I accept anything they (or any other review publication) says at face value. But they're relatively thorough, logical, and literate. In this case, I would say they were off by a mile.

The price was also a giveaway that this game would not be good. It cost only half of what any other game of the same publisher would cost. I'm all for price reductions but when a well established company starts cutting the price of only one game in half then something is not right with it.

Wise move. There are occasionally very good games that are tossed out at bargain prices; the remake of Pizza Tycoon was one, since the US publishers (Activision, perhaps) told me they had no expectations of sales, and only took it as part of a package deal. But usually those cheap, new games are worth exactly what we pay for them.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #122
The Settler

One of the most dissapointing games I`ve ever played was the new UFO, Aftermath, it was real rubbish. To few different aliens, aliens that carried cars. Not that good gameplay.... just a long list of dissapointments... But I had high hopes before i got the game!!

New Larry was real crap too.... Why coulden`t they stay in the adventure department....
I know there are many others crappy games that I hate... but just can`t think of any at the moment.... well hate all Tomb Raiders games
The Settler is offline                         Send a private message to The Settler
Old 12-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #123
bohor
Game Wizzard

I just remembered another:
DeusEx2
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #124
edlglide
Abandonia nerd

Lords of the Realm II was an excellent game; in fact now that someone has mentioned it I want to dig up my old CD and play it again. But yes, Lords of the Realm III was awful, and I was really looking forward to it. The site I always use for reviews, IGN, only gave it a 6.4 though. Certainly nothing inflated about that.
edlglide is offline                         Send a private message to edlglide
Old 14-01-2005, 03:01 AM   #125
feminista
Abandonia nerd

I'll have to second FFX-2. I mean, I didn't LOVE FFX, but FFX-2 was REALLY horrible. I mean, I kind of enjoyed the battle system, but who plays Final Fantasy for the battles? 0_o Most annoying characters I've encountered in a long time. If FFXII is that bad, I may have to give up my Square fangirlism. Or just keep playing FFVII over and over again. That would work. And Secret of Mana. And Super Mario RPG. Okay, cancel that, I couldn't give it up.

I was also rather disappointed by Metroid Prime, given how much I loved Super Metroid. But then, that's what I get for still living in the SNES days. Same thing happened when Zelda went 3D. I stuck out my tongue and replayed A Link to the Past again.
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista
Old 14-01-2005, 03:16 AM   #126
edlglide
Abandonia nerd

Oh yeah, FFX-2 was just godawful. I didn't think FFX was that great, but it was still lightyears better than FFX-2. By the way, I've promoted this game repeatedly........but since you seem to be a big RPG fan, if you can find Suikoden 2 for PSX I'd recommend you play it. Not as pretty, but overall a far better game with a better story than FF7 in my opinion. It's just damn near impossible to find now; costs like 120 dollars to get off the Internet.
edlglide is offline                         Send a private message to edlglide
Old 14-01-2005, 03:20 AM   #127
feminista
Abandonia nerd

I'll look for it, but I have a few priorities first. And besides, I really didn't like Suikoden III, and while I know II is supposed to be much better, it's tough to get a game from a series you don't really like. Thanks for the recommendation, though. It'll certainly be a consideration once I finish Disgaea and go back to finish Primal.
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista
Old 14-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #128
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by feminista@Jan 14 2005, 04:01 AM

I was also rather disappointed by Metroid Prime, given how much I loved Super Metroid. But then, that's what I get for still living in the SNES days. Same thing happened when Zelda went 3D. I stuck out my tongue and replayed A Link to the Past again.
the over-head 2d zeldas are the only ones!!!!!
the 3d ones dont bring anything to the game.. in fact i think they make it worse.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 14-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #129
JJXB
Pi-voh

hey! zelda - ocarina of time is ok (majoras mask took it a bit far though) and the nes+snes ff games were the best, they made me want to carry on playing (the PSX ones didn't make me want to, they just made me play a bit and then stop)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 14-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #130
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I would have to say the worst game I ever played was probably Day of the Tentacle. It was so absurd and stupid and it just really really sucked and blew at the same time. <attacked by forum members> AAAA! Ok, ok, I'm just kidding, sheesh. That was a GREAT game. The worst game ever hm? I don't know, I am normally really good about not playing bad games. In fact, I only really play a game if I know for sure that I will enjoy it, and others have told me I will so....I don't really have a worst game. YAY FOR GOOD GAMES! :Brain:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ