Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: If you could run your Windows games on Linux would you use it ?
Yes 16 50.00%
No 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #21
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I have a feeling people find Linux hard is because most of them have grown up with Windows. So they already feel at home on one system. I've got a classmate who's hardly ever seen Windows. He's grown up with Slackware Linux and he can't even change the screen resolution in Windows, but he can work magic on his Linux box.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 18-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #22
duckpatch
Game freak

Quote:
Linux is not hard to use, just get a good distribution like ubuntu or debian and install it, they all come with a desktop so there is not a lot you need to learn.
That's correct. They are the only distros I had no trouble with. I have three partitions - Win98 (old dos games), WinXP (current games) and linux just for fun
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 18-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #23
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Lets see I love windows because I grew up using it (our first pc had win95). Also Bill Gates isn't an idiot he is the master mind behind dos and windows I you think windows users are lazy because they can't be stuffed learning linux then think about it windows is more popular because it can run lots of games and other things like that and it comes oem on all new coputers from the common brands eg HP or Dell. I am a windows user and if you thing because I use windows I am automaticlly lazy the I shall leave these fourms. :ranting: :not_ok:
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 18-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #24
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by MdaG@Nov 18 2005, 11:39 AM
I have a feeling people find Linux hard is because most of them have grown up with Windows. So they already feel at home on one system. I've got a classmate who's hardly ever seen Windows. He's grown up with Slackware Linux and he can't even change the screen resolution in Windows, but he can work magic on his Linux box.
I suppose you're right about that. Although, strictly speaking, I hardly "grew up" with Windows, as my family didn't actually own a PC until I was twelve or thirteen. So I suppose for me it's force of habit, really. And a complete lack of trust in my computer skills, which isn't entirely unjustified.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 18-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #25
animae

Send a message via MSN to animae

Unbelivible I voted no by fa****** mistake. Linux dudes you might need to be in front of your combuter for HOURS at the beggining (for the amatures like me) but it really WORTH it. Oh and its (legally) free
animae is offline                         Send a private message to animae
Old 18-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #26
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally posted by win98@Nov 18 2005, 06:23 PM
Lets see I love windows because I grew up using it (our first pc had win95). Also Bill Gates isn't an idiot he is the master mind behind dos and windows I you think windows users are lazy because they can't be stuffed learning linux then think about it windows is more popular because it can run lots of games and other things like that and it comes oem on all new coputers from the common brands eg HP or Dell. I am a windows user and if you thing because I use windows I am automaticlly lazy the I shall leave these fourms. :ranting: :not_ok:
master mind behind dos???
OMG
GATES JUST STOLEN IT :ranting:
Old 18-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #27
win98
In the loop on hardware.

O yeah but he was the master mind behind windows and I still like windows better.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 18-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #28
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Actualy windows was "stolen" too. Atari and Apple already had GUI OSs well before Windows. When was the first Windows? 87?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 19-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #29
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yeah, 't was stolen 2
and look here, firs win was in 85
Old 19-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #30
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

none the less, this is starting to get

AND.. starting to turn into a Gates-bashing..

Behave like the adults you are(or try to project that you are (think you are, but you'r not))... ok?