Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #11
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I never liked Battlezone to be honest. I have Battlezone 2, but I found that trying to manage everything going on, as well as fighting myself, got a bit taxing.

I liked Urban Assault, but that suffered from most of the same problems.

Trackmania Sunrise is excellent, but that was inexplicably ignored (a fiver at GAME!) by the general public. I'm also quite a big fan of Total Annihation : Kingdoms. Fine, it's no Total Annihilation, but it wasn't really meant to be.

I agree with Beef's suggestions but would also like to add Uplink to that selection. It's pure brilliance, but most people discarded it due to its poor graphics (I thought they were OK) and sound (I could understand that), ignoring its fantastic replay value and concept.

Freelancer sold OK, but that too was eclipsed by X2 (which I found to be quite boring to be honest) and that's a fair bit underrated. People tried to compare the two, but then that's like comparing lager and custard, really. X2 was more a financial simulator (but in space) whereas Freelancer actually captured the essence of being a freelancer. The plot got in the way a bit though....

But then you can always play LAN games with yourself, or get one of the excellent mods.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 16-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #12
Orichifunk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kearnsy@Nov 16 2005, 12:47 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 reviews I read gave it 70%!!!!!!
What is that!!!!!! :ranting: :ranting:
It is the single most played game and my favourate game by far on the GCN and in my top 3 of all time games on any platform ever.
Its quite incredible what you get out of that game if you improve your skills to a high level.
So very many hours of enjoyment
...70%!!!!!!!!!!!
Bhah!! :not_ok: :angry:
That's just one review, though, or two rather. I don't think SSBM is an underrated game in any aspect; it gets all the credit it deserves and more from everyone that has played it, the major gaming sites on the net, etc.

I definatily think the Little Big Adventure series are underrated. Man, what absolutely fantastic games! What a setting! I played it when I was younger, and man, it was the best game ever. Still got it around on my computer, though, so I just have to get around playing it. LOL
Orichifunk is offline                         Send a private message to Orichifunk
Old 16-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #13
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Kearnsy@Nov 16 2005, 12:47 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 reviews I read gave it 70%!!!!!!
What is that!!!!!! :ranting: :ranting:
It is the single most played game and my favourate game by far on the GCN and in my top 3 of all time games on any platform ever.
Its quite incredible what you get out of that game if you improve your skills to a high level.
So very many hours of enjoyment
...70%!!!!!!!!!!!
Bhah!! :not_ok: :angry:
I tried both the SNES version and the N64 version... bleh! :not_ok:
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 16-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #14
Orichifunk

SNES? I believe there is no SNES version. The game has been made for N64 and NGC, as far as I know ..
Orichifunk is offline                         Send a private message to Orichifunk
Old 16-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #15
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Infogrammes Outcast, American Mcgees Scrapland and Shinys Messiah top my list. (I would include Looking Glass's games, but everyone and thier dog knows that those were awesome games, but no one bought them).
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 16-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #16
SupSuper
Games Master

Trackmania and Mobile Forces. IMHO both great games and I had never ever heard of them when I found them in a store. And there's hardly any Mobile Forces players online
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 16-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #17
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
I never liked Battlezone to be honest. I have Battlezone 2, but I found that trying to manage everything going on, as well as fighting myself, got a bit taxing.
Well, there's your problem - you're supposed to be fighting the enemy!

Quote:
Freelancer sold OK, but that too was eclipsed by X2 (which I found to be quite boring to be honest) and that's a fair bit underrated.
I played the demo of Freelancer and thought it looked pretty good...but what crackhead decided that a spaceflight game doesn't need joystick support?! I just couldn't get used to controlling my ship with the mouse. (Was joystick support ever added in a patch, BTW? If so, I may try to find that game in a discount bin somewhere.)
Old 16-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'd have to say The Great Escape (the new 3D one - not the one we have on the site ).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #19
Tito
Alley Cat

I should say Outcast. When it came out it was too demanding for computers of those days. Also, Blade: Edge of Darkness. That game is great, it uses the same engine as Gothic, but it is far more playable. In fact, it is an arcade game, not an RPG.
Old 16-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #20
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadrin@Nov 16 2005, 01:32 PM
Infogrammes Outcast, American Mcgees Scrapland and Shinys Messiah top my list.* (I would include Looking Glass's games, but everyone and thier dog knows that those were awesome games, but no one bought them).
Although it is your opinion, I just want to throw in mine.
I thought Messiah was crappy actually, I bought it for 10 dollars, and it didn't turn out that great.
Certain aspects were great, but many of the bugs and technical problems ruined the game.

Most Underrated Game Ever : LPF

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy