Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Timduncan1

Default Timduncan's offers

Hello,

I would like to suggest the addition of 2 games from an old german DOS shareware CD to the database. They cannot be found on the internet at the moment and I would like to make them available to the internet community for documentation purposes before they get lost in time. They're in the process of being added to Mobygames by myself.

The first one is "Diamond Peter" (1993), a Boulder Dash clone. Mobygames link with description and screenshots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/diamond-peter.
Download link on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/DiamondPeter_201802

The second one is "Escape from Monster Castle" (1993), which is a Gauntlet variant. The addition to Mobygames hasn't been finalised yet, but I already uploaded it on archive.org with a description, several screenshots and a download link: https://archive.org/details/EscapeFr...rCastle_201802

If the games are deemed suitable I would love to send the files and screenshots. I have already written descriptions for both games and could surely expand those into short reviews if necessary.

Both games cannot be bought or even found anywhere. They were presumably only released in Germany. Additionally, the versions above are only the shareware versions, so at least from the legal viewpoint there shouldn't be any problem.

Greetings
Timduncan1 is offline                         Send a private message to Timduncan1
Old 26-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Hi Tim, thanks a lot! For your offer here and also for submitting over at Mobygames.

I've posted both titles over at the Requests board

Our policy regarding shareware and demos is that we host only full versions. Only in cases where the full version is for sale or protected, and a shareware game is really noteworthy (e.g. Doom) hosting a demo/shareware version has been considered.
Old 26-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
Timduncan1

Thank you for your reply.

I understand, the site is about abandonware after all, not shareware

I'll try to find the full versions of the games. It would be a shame if the games got lost in time
Timduncan1 is offline                         Send a private message to Timduncan1
Old 27-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hello and thank you for preservation efforts

Japo, would these two games be suitable for Reloaded?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 27-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

I don't think so... If you look at the info provided by Tim and I understand correctly, these are commercial shareware games with both shareware and full (paid) versions. They're (probably, unless still currently sold or protected) suitable for Abandoning, but we require the full versions.
Old 23-03-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
Timduncan1

I managed to obtain the full versions of both games. Since they are both approved, how should I proceed?
Old 26-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Theoretically speaking, you need FTP credentials for upload, then upload both games, preferrably with screenshots and short review (anything recembling review will do!). Then someone will upload it on main site.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ooops, sorry for delay in replying.

@Timduncan: I will PM you FTP access. As Spectre said, it would be good if they have few screenshots and ideally a short review. All screenshots must be made by you. It's OK if you created them and submit them both to moby and abandonia, but don't take someone else's shots from another site.

Also, is there any special way to run the games other than siply run then in DOSBox, please let us know.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river