Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #201
mousazz
Cool

note: i don't have time, so i'm writing this one as guest.

yay! :brain: beat sa-matra (again). fun. it becomes all a little TOO easy, once you aquire unlimited ru (installed bomb). finished game in 2157. easy.
i like melee. features ships you CAN'T play as (slylandro, kohr-ah...). you get to know them better.
another thing i like is the humor. features contact with star trek (oh yeah baby!). three mentions:
1. (talking to pkunk) were on a five year mission, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to go boldly where no... well you get the idea. were kind of exploring.
2. (talking to slylandro creatures) it's on a 5000 dranhna mission, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to go boldly where no... catalog 2176-b self replication explorer probe... had gone before
3. your alliance name can be: "united federation of worlds". kirk was working for "united federation of planets".

Old 30-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #202
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

i could never end the game,cause i got stuck. i am not good in space combat. at first it was all very interesting and i liked to play with it and i liked the story. then two things happened...

one was that i couldn't win those combats anymore (cause i put them on auto, playing them manually was too fast for me and i couldn't win anything)
and second one was that i found out time is quite limited and events that are unfolding follow the timeline. at first i didn't get fast enough to some place. second try i always got destroyed by enemy, so i quite playing. liked the game though. the whole idea is nice. wish there was something like that on 3D (something like on privateer remake engine)
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 03-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #203
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Blame me, but i flight better a pkunk fury that flying junks of utwings
Old 15-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #204
Jenkins

One of the best game :brain:

I have also one question:
Does eliminating many of starships, such as Ilwrath Avengers in hyperspace, reduce the fleet or is it useless ?
I'm asking because I can't bear to see the Thraddash extinguished from their galaxy by the Ilwrath.
Jenkins is offline                         Send a private message to Jenkins
Old 15-11-2007, 06:18 AM   #205
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jenkins @ Nov 15 2007, 03:30 AM) [snapback]319245[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does eliminating many of starships, such as Ilwrath Avengers in hyperspace, reduce the fleet or is it useless?
I'm asking because I can't bear to see the Thraddash extinguished from their galaxy by the Ilwrath.[/b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse-highlight below to reveal slight spoilers
Fleets are infinite and destroying ships doesn't reduce their numbers... Except ONE single case. Also the Thraddash were NOT COMPLETELY extinguised by the Ilwrath.

Last edited by Japo; 10-01-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #206
Mousazz
Game freak

Exclamation Money resourcing

For those of you who are sick and tired (He,he,he), I suggest U get to quasispace, meet ARILOU and blast those fuc*** mycon out into vaccum orbit . You'll get money for salvaging these ships (seen in a little screen after you beat 'em). Have fun!:cool:

BTW: :Off topic: This forum is hard to use with the NEW (stupid) abandonia.

:On topic: pkunk works also (not to mention utwig, yehat, androsynth...)
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 28-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #207
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wonderful, wonderful game. Only problem I ever had with it, is the timer that leads to the destruction of the universe if you don't find the "solution" in time. It's not so much that it isn't revealed clearly--though the game's kind of murky in letting you know--but that it exists, at all. Because it's simply too much fun traveling about, discovering new systems, mining, engaging in combat, reading the great, often humorous dialog while "talking" to the races, etc. The tendency is to treat this adventure game as a sim game, because it does so many things so well that it becomes addictive.

I wish that game-end timer could be taken out, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen, anytime soon. Great title, though. Shame the Toys for Bob folks weren't commissioned to do the third title in the series, because that was a dud.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 29-02-2008, 05:47 AM   #208
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

i agree. played it for some time and enjoyed it and then i realised i am on a timer :-/ took away the fun...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 29-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #209
Japo
Autonomous human

Even the first time I played when I didn't know at first about the time limit, I didn't exceed it. The trick is to visit significant places at the same time that you're mining. Just at the start you learn that the Pkunk are being attacked by the Ilwrath, and then there's an urgent distress call from the Zoq-Fot-Pik. If you follow this traces while you mine, you'll finish the game well within the limit.
Old 29-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #210
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japofran View Post
Even the first time I played when I didn't know at first about the time limit, I didn't exceed it. The trick is to visit significant places at the same time that you're mining. Just at the start you learn that the Pkunk are being attacked by the Ilwrath, and then there's an urgent distress call from the Zoq-Fot-Pik. If you follow this traces while you mine, you'll finish the game well within the limit.
Of course, but that wasn't my point. I don't want to be efficient in this game. I don't want to do things quickly. I want to take my time, travel everywhere, find interesting planets, and just...be...lazy. The game won't let me. That's all.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin