Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
perpeptual-play
Lurker

Hiya people!
Im making a game / if piece for my third year at univerity. Im on a digital media arts course. The idea of the game is that you drag and drop paragraphs of a story so that it makes one coherent story. Each paragraph also has an animation attached to it so the narrative becomes more visually based than a piece interactive fiction.
Basically i need a story for my game and i was hoping that i could make the game a sort of 'community narrative' by getting you all to email various different takes on the same basics of a story.
I need to split the game into sections to complie with the visual element of the product so i am going to try and split it into....

10 beginnings,
10 'intros'
10 middles
10 'outros' and
10 ends

If your interested in helping me you will be credited on the website when it is uploaded (it is going to be a web based game) plus you will have alot of thanks from me!!!!!

I need to make the story as coherent as possible so i need to set some ground rules.....

The story is based around an evil cat - king of the cat people - called geordie. He lives with his owners in the suburbs of newcastle, UK.

Each paragrah of the story has to end with geordie cat saying something that leads on to the next paragraph (example is... geordie cat remarks "............ )

I will be very very very very gratful if you have the time and interest to help me out with this project!!!! you are welcome to do a much or as little as possible.

I would be gratful if you could e-mail your storys / questions instead of posting them on the forum all though i will of course keep checking the post.

Once again, many thanks in advance for any ideas / stories.
Cheers.
Patrick (Perpeptual Play)
Square@signifier.f2s.com
www.perpetual-play.blogspot.com (All news on the project - CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!)
perpeptual-play is offline                         Send a private message to perpeptual-play
Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Data
retired

you might want to visit
www.reloaded.org
it's a sister side that concentrates on community made games