Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2007, 02:02 AM   #21
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

"Universal Life Church" LOL

Y'know, go for gold Alex - whatever makes you happy. That said, I'm not particularly religious, but my Grandfather is/was an Anglican Reverend and I find this vaguely offensive.

But whatever, if I ever need someone to perform an exorcism, you'll be the first guy I call
Old 22-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #22
punch999
The true Shadow President

Why do you all think I am joking. I am a actual ordained minister. I am offering help to all who ask.

I am not a guy to joke about religion.

And thebes your views are pretty much the same as mine.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 22-09-2007, 05:10 AM   #23
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebes @ Sep 22 2007, 01:54 AM) [snapback]312376[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am a Baptist. I do not believe what any church says. I believe what the Bible says. I believe Jesus is who he said he was. I do not believe he was the world's greatest liar.
Having said all that, I do not think the forums are the right place for this or politics as they say. Of course I am not a Admin or Mod. Just my thoughts.
[/b]
Which bible?

Is it the one that includes only the hebrew books of the Old Testament that made it into the Jewish Canon, in the late first century, or the more complete one that included the Deuterocanonicals that Jesus occassionally quoted?

The Deuterocanonical were originally written in greek, by greek speaking jews, and were in wide use, at the time of Jesus. Much debate on why these books were eventually excluded centers around the fact that they were used by early christians to justify their faith, which posed problems for maintaining an orderly jewish society.

Do Baptists celebrate the Eucharist?

It wasn't something made up by any church, it is right there in most (all?) versions of the Bible.

rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 22-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #24
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I can't believe I'm taking this bait. But anyway....

Oh newly "ordained" one, I have a question for you, but I'll let Epicurius ask it (because he is so much more eloquent than me) -

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
Old 22-09-2007, 05:14 AM   #25
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Wow. A minister and your 15 years old? America sure is a wonderful country.

EDIT: Now it would be cool If you would accidently blurb out the "Stone Cold 3:16" on one of your ceremonies.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 22-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #26
punch999
The true Shadow President

Is that a question or is that supposed to be...Whatever.

God created humans and granted them choice. But we have to suffer the consequenses of our actions. He created people with the ability to do infinate good. But with giving us the freedom to do infinate good. We can also be extreamly evil. That is like what happened with Lucifer. And god doesn't change things because we need to learn from our actions. If god fixed everything he wouldn't be god would he? He would be a spiritual vending machine.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 22-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #27
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That doesn't answer the question. But never mind, I was just teasing
Old 22-09-2007, 06:28 AM   #28
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Are you sure that you're not just something with a fancy word but are in fact some sort of a help for the real priest??? Because although I know the laws of diffrent religions may allow diferent age groups to do different things (Roman-catolics being one of the perfect examples - baptising babies and yet supporting the convencion which says every child has the right to choose the religion, so acctually claiming a baby of a few weeks of age has enough sense to decide and even refuse religion), I still don't think any religious group would put a person who's a minor to a position where that person would give advice to others.

So unless you really can prove it (and sorry, but it will take more then just your word in this case) - stop it #Alex#. It's not funny and it's even somewhat offensive (although I'm far from any religious group I still find the idea of a 15 year old being a spiritual guide offensive).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 22-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #29
12turtle12
Game freak

In some religions/sects, you can be ordained at 15. Just deal with it. If you don't want him posting about it anymore, say so, but yeah, it's a fact, and it can happen. Your opinion notwithstanding, of course heh heh.

edit - although, I am quite sure we all would like to see a photograph of the certification, if you please.

Lulu - how are you going to ask a 15 year old kid questions like that? How old are you and how long did it take you to find something like that? I know for a fact you didn't make it up.....At least ask a legal adult P
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 22-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #30
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

why does this remind me of this topic