Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
Flop
Hero Gamer

It's far superior to the two previous movies imo. There's no Young Anaking, no Jarjar Binks (although he does have a brief appearence at the end, but he doesn't speak), and there are loads of action and special effects, just the way a Star Wars movie should be. And best of all: It has Darth Vader. This movie is what the previous two should have been, and it really redeems the new trilogy imo.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 20-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I have my tickets for tommorow night right here (I forced Rainwife to come with me - she already watched the other two parts of the new trilogy with me in the cinems so... - but she's no big Sci-Fi fan).
We'll see and let you know!
No Jarjar is deffinetly an improvement to the series - he might have been funny, but the movie has to be dark - not Jarjar clumsy).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I went with a friend the night it came out here in Belgium. While I like the Star Wars movies, my friend prefers more classic real-life movies (like "mar adentro")
But we both agreed that this one was the best of the nex triology.
It has a few lighter scenes at the very beginning but the plot grows darker and darker with each passing minute.

There were a few cliché moments in the movie and it is a pity the soundtrack was a rehash of the old tunes, but on the whole the movie was very good.

And rest assured, Jarjar appears at the very beginning and at the very end for a few seconds and in both of these he is completely silent.
Old 20-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
UnHoly
Super Freak

No Jarjar?? Yes, I love to hear that! That guy wasn't funny, he was only annoying. If i could I would kill him, but not quickly, I would try totorture him as long as it possible and enjoy looking at his pain :evil: Unfortunately I won't watch new Star Wars very soon, because I live in town where devil says goodbye and if there is any movie in our great, oldschool cinema (no modernization since it was built) its about three, four or even more months after premiere.
UnHoly is offline                         Send a private message to UnHoly
Old 20-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #5
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by UnHoly@May 21 2005, 12:05 AM
No Jarjar?? Yes, I love to hear that! That guy wasn't funny, he was only annoying. If i could I would kill him, but not quickly, I would try totorture him as long as it possible and enjoy looking at his pain :evil: Unfortunately I won't watch new Star Wars very soon, because I live in town where devil says goodbye and if there is any movie in our great, oldschool cinema (no modernization since it was built) its about three, four or even more months after premiere.
Damn. That does suck. Where do you live? Isn't there a town with a better movie theatre nearby?
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 20-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
UnHoly
Super Freak

It's about 60 kilometeres away from me, but I don't have cash at the moment to pay for the bus, and tickets (to much goes for the damn school ending). And even if I would, my friend didn't have many either and don't want to watch it alone. Damn you Nidzica
UnHoly is offline                         Send a private message to UnHoly
Old 20-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I saw it last night at 8 PM had to wait in line before the theatre for about 2 hours, good thing me and my friends did because by the time they opened it up the line was huge and we got primo seats.

As for the movie, it was the best and done perfectly, blew away my expectations and I'm still in awe after the movie, I couldn't really think of any really bad faults because everything was done so well, the action was great, lots of battles which I loved, the dialogue was decent a lot better than Episode 2, I was worried a little that Lucas might mess this one up after Episode 2, but he delievered perfectly and made this movie a classic in my opinion, definitely ranks up there in my list, I couldn't have asked for any more, I feel like going back and watching it again actually hmmm maybe when the crowds die down though LOL. Not a lot of star wars fans wearing costumes as I had hoped, oh well, actually that's probably a good thing LOL.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 20-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #8
Spookyfish
Game freak

You should have seen the premiere. That was crazy :blink:.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 21-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #9
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@May 21 2005, 12:26 AM
I saw it last night at 8 PM had to wait in line before the theatre for about 2 hours, good thing me and my friends did because by the time they opened it up the line was huge and we got primo seats.

My friend ordered tickets in advance so we had excellent seats.

[/quote]I feel like going back and watching it again actually [quote]
Me too, it had a lot more going on than the first two episodes.
Old 21-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #10
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Actually in my case I got tickets in advance too as well, so we just played some air hockey then we eventually got in line later, and ended up near the front so that was great luck, we went early because there was 4 of us and considering we all knew that it would be packed, it would've been hard to get 4 seats all together.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude