Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Battletech - the Crescent Hawks Inception

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 25-05-2004, 09:53 PM   #2
Anonymous
Default Battletech TCHI

a fun game with strategy and roleplaying aspects... kept me entertained for a few minutes when i found an old copy in my grandpa's house. the graphics are crap, but the real-time interface keeps it bearable. gets a little repetitive after you see the same outtake five hundred times and go in different buildings that are actually the same, but anybody that likes mechwarrior or roleplaying games is sure to have some fun with this game.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
J

Send a message via ICQ to J Send a message via AIM to J Send a message via MSN to J Send a message via Yahoo to J
Default agreed

Battletech is one of the pioneer for rpg/strategy in the old days....yes graphic does sucks....gameplay is pretty good where u r playing in a role of an mercenary going around exploring n finding the truth, is also where its leads to the birth of Mechwarrior nowdays known as.
Nice game though.

8)
cheers
J
Old 04-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
Seraphim13

Hi J, another singaporean
Actually quite an entertaining game....a worthy predecessor to the Mechwarrior series....
Seraphim13 is offline                         Send a private message to Seraphim13
Old 04-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #5
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Re: agreed

Quote:
Battletech is one of the pioneer for rpg/strategy in the old days....yes graphic does sucks....gameplay is pretty good where u r playing in a role of an mercenary going around exploring n finding the truth, is also where its leads to the birth of Mechwarrior nowdays known as.
Nice game though.

8) *
cheers
J
You are thinking of Mechwarrior not Battletech. They are different games and quite dissimilar.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 05-07-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
J

Send a message via ICQ to J Send a message via AIM to J Send a message via MSN to J Send a message via Yahoo to J

Hi Picard,

U taking a holiday on earth? No need to explore in space? :P just joking....., Yah i know mechwarrior n battletech are different, but battletech really leads to the birth of battletech2, then to mech commander then to mechwarrior...nowadays...but I dun like mechwarriors...damn, Is there any rpg game that deals in mechs? They should make these, If i'm a programmer i will make it.......blah......

:P
Old 05-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I am in space. That's the nice thing about the internet. It doesn't matter where you are as long as you have a (subspace bassed) internet connection you can be online anywhere. :wink:
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 05-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
Seraphim13

Quote:
Hi Picard,

* * * * * * *U taking a holiday on earth? No need to explore in space? :P just joking....., Yah i know mechwarrior n battletech are different, but battletech really leads to the birth of battletech2, then to mech commander then to mechwarrior...nowadays...but I dun like mechwarriors...damn, Is there any rpg game that deals in mechs? They should make these, If i'm a programmer i will make it.......blah......

:P
???? tot Mechwarrior came out first before Mech Commander??? Hmmm talking about Mechwarrior, any idea if that game is abandonware??? Sure like to take good old BattleMaster out for a spin again....
Seraphim13 is offline                         Send a private message to Seraphim13
Old 05-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #9
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It is abadoneware and I have it but it will not be on the server anytime soon. Be patient is my advice.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:34 PM   #10
FreeFreddy

I have Mechwarrior 2, but it isn't running either on Win XP nor on Win 98... ?_?
On my old machine with Windows 95 I was able to play it perfectly though...