Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #31
skepticcs

Hooray! Thanks folks! Hope to see it up on the site sometime soon.
skepticcs is offline                         Send a private message to skepticcs
Old 13-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #32
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And I hope to see it in ISO cellar even sooner. Then I will be bale to put together a proper review... although for images I would have to go to my house in village where I still have old Pentium with win98 Can't do that here on work. Well, I don't have to really, but I feel like properly playing just to make sure...

Ermuli, your turn buddy
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #33
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

Link posted.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 13-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #34
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #35
skepticcs

Thank you much my good man!
skepticcs is offline                         Send a private message to skepticcs
Old 14-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #36
skepticcs

I'm testing this right now on my Vista laptop. So far the game technically "works", but there is a graphically issue whereby every time you change a frame all or most of the screen goes black. The only way I've been able to deal with this is to ALT+TAB out and back into the game which then reveals the screen. This makes playing the game possible, but supremely annoying.

I'm trying a few things which I think can solve this problem. I think simply finding a way to run this in windowed mode at 640x480 resolution would solve the problem, but I cannot find a way to do that, at least in vista. The program was designed to work in Windows 3.1 so Dosbox doesn't work. I've tried using the program Qres to set my main resolution to 640x480 with 8-bit colors and that did nothing to fix the problem. Since the program does not use DirectX, DXWnd doesn't work.

Right now I'm setting up a VirtualBox drive with Windows 95 to see if that works. I tried setting one up with win3.1, but I couldn't install the program correctly from within that framework and, for some reason, the drive has crashed and I cannot reinstall that OS again. Go figure.

I hope it runs better on XP.
Old 14-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #37
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticcs View Post
The program was designed to work in Windows 3.1 so Dosbox doesn't work.
Dosbox+W3.x
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=25293

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticcs View Post
Right now I'm setting up a VirtualBox drive with Windows 95 to see if that works. I tried setting one up with win3.1, but I couldn't install the program correctly from within that framework and, for some reason, the drive has crashed and I cannot reinstall that OS again. Go figure.
Virtualbox does NOT support W3.x neither W9X
You will have better luck with Virtual PC for those.
Both run fine in Virtual PC.

As I have everything already set up (dosbox-W3.x /VPC -W3.x / VPC-W9x) I will give the game a try run this weekend if I find some free time.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 14-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #38
skepticcs

Cool! I'm glad you've got the Dosbox+Win3.1 setup already going. I noticed that, but I was kind of scared of messing up my computer. Let me know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Virtualbox does NOT support W3.x neither W9X
You will have better luck with Virtual PC for those.
Both run fine in Virtual PC.

Not officially but they do work. There are several video tutorials on how to get 3.1 to work on VirtualBox, and I got it to work once but cannot repeat the process. I just got Windows 95 set up and installed the game fine. Now the problem is it only runs in 256 colors and I cannot select that option with the default video card for Windows 95 which is running on VirtualPC. It's always something...

Let me know how the dosbox option turns out. If that's the way to do it then I'll get that format going.

Thanks for the help!
Old 14-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #39
skepticcs

Ok. Quick follow-up. Thanks dosraider for pointing me to the obvious superiority of Virtual PC over VirtualBox. I was able to install and run the game perfectly on windows 95. It still failed in 3.1 but at least the installation of the OS wasn't a total pain.

I'd like to hear if you all find any easier way to this within Vista or XP.
Old 14-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #40
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Gaem is designed for Win95 and I played it in win98 back then. I never got my lazy ass to run virtualPC for some reason. I'm not sure about Dosbox+win3.x because game is not designed for win3.x

So I wanted to play it on my old Pentium but never bought empty CD, since it doesn't support DVD.