Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #11

This is a very good game. It offers well balanced game play, and yet remains a challenge.

The game is structured game is structured around a few simple gang attributes, and a few simple location attributes; a thoughtful, yet basic economic system; and quick turn sequence. Yet these simplicities when combined form a game of full of hidden complexities.

This game was full of 'eureka' moments for me. I would play for (a long) while, then suddently realize, "Ohh,...that's how those attributes combine...", and immediately quit my current game, beginning a new one and checking out my new insight.

I highly recomment Chaos Overlords. It''s a game to which I will continually return.

Old 13-02-2005, 06:11 AM   #12
hanut
Forum hobbit

My heartiest congratulations to New World Computing for creating one of the most engrossing albeit a visually non-stunning game. The gameplay of Chaos Overlords is so compelling even my mom(WHO HATES GAMES) played it and is still playing it! You are constantly trying to stay a step ahead of the ruthless AI. It could have done with a little more effort in the graphics department but the Dark and Moody setting gives the game a decent feel.
Verdict? if you've always harboured a secret fantasy to turn into a crime boss play this game and save ur self some behind whooping. :karate:
hanut is offline                         Send a private message to hanut
Old 13-02-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
Sammo

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Feb 9 2005, 02:34 PM
This is a very good game. It offers well balanced game play, and yet remains a challenge.

The game is structured game is structured around a few simple gang attributes, and a few simple location attributes; a thoughtful, yet basic economic system; and quick turn sequence. Yet these simplicities when combined form a game of full of hidden complexities.

This game was full of 'eureka' moments for me. I would play for (a long) while, then suddently realize, "Ohh,...that's how those attributes combine...", and immediately quit my current game, beginning a new one and checking out my new insight.

I highly recomment Chaos Overlords. It''s a game to which I will continually return.
I quote every single word. k:

Tremendously fun, solid gameplay, many things to do & ways to play..that's not to mention the wicked humour (some of the gangs are just hylarious...)which makes it even funnier to play. :evil:

One of my favourite games, ever.

Sammo
Sammo is offline                         Send a private message to Sammo
Old 14-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #14
LZD

I had this game's demo when it came out so I never got a chance to finish a game, however I still played the 15 turn demo constantly. Thank god for abandonia this is one of those games that never loses it's entertainment value!
Old 14-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #15
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

Madre de dios ! What a fiendishly hard game !

I love it !

It actually took me four tries to win a game. The closest resemblance this game
has to any regular game is GO (which is even harder), due to you being able
to place gangs all over the board (the piece you control of it, that is).

I've played most of the games listed here and this one seriously springs out.
I can imagine going back to this one for decades.

Extremely highly recommended !

If only all games were like this (sigh)...
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 15-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #16
Wolfera

man, this game really kicks behind! i dopwnloaded it just because it says in the description it's a turn based strategy games and i downloaded it. well, it remained in my game folder for some days, then i started playing it last friday and i didn't stop till now! all i can tell is: "i was once an ufo fan", LOL.
now it's time to go back kick some overlords' asses :evil:
Wolfera is offline                         Send a private message to Wolfera
Old 24-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #17
Blazedestin

Question on dealing with police. I have decent gangs with rage repeaters and reacting leather, but once cops come around, they get massacred. How the hell do you manage against police units?

Old 26-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #18
THEEVILOFMEN

Now THIS is a game for an evil genius! A game where you play as an evil lord of a mob, not to save the world, but to rule it!

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!

Great game! My only complaint is that there is no music I could use for the game. Ah well, such is life.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must unleash my Blood Legion on the city.
Old 30-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #19

hi
my name is yakov i am from israel and i am 16 years old
me and more to frens playing this game since we ware 9 years old
the first 4 years we played the demo version and after a long serches
we found the full 1.0 version
we played a lot of time a vere lot of time we played in internet and singal and wi think thet we know all the tricks to win evre one
so we looking for 2 group of 2 peapol thet want to play 2 againts 2 againts 2
or some 1 group of 3 player thet they have played to gether thet will play againts us(we are 3)we search for a long time some 3 players(thet they are frends) thet will play with us bat we didn't found
hope i will find here to contect with fast as you can
my e-mail is: yakov3003@bezeqint.net
my icq is: 133351567
and messenger is: yakov_@hotmail.co.il
thx....... ohhhhh and sorry about the bad english
<yakovi1> <SeR-ZxZ> <Elad7>

Old 03-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #20
Gnos

I found this forum out of a desperate search. I recieved this game on a demo disk some years ago, and fell in love with the song called 'Order' on it, my interests are that song entirely. I am tryin to find out who did the score. If you have the information concerning the song, any at all. Please email me at gnostkos@gmail.com I would appreciate any and all information concerning the song and or the composer(s) of said song. Thanks for your help.