Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992
Default Happy Thanksgiving

So, most of you guys probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but for those of us who do, how did you enjoy yours?

I ate fajitas and drank cherry Pepsi. I think I made a Pilgrim cry. :P Then I played some games with a friend and went to bed early, about the same as every year.
Old 28-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think the other Abandonians who celebrate Thanksgiving are still to stuffed with turkey too reply
Old 29-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Eleven years ago I had this opportunity to stay in the US for a while. It was my first Thanksgiving, and obviously I was not familiar with the customs. At that time I stayed at an apartment. Being a student at the time, I usually dined out on campus, which is across the street from the apartment, and seldom stocked food in the fridge. In the afternoon of the Thanksgiving day, it was alright. My uncle, who lived in a nearby city (well, not too near, I think it took 2 hours to drive there), came to visit me and took me for lunch at his African American colleague's house. It was a lunch (or perhaps I should say a brunch) of turkey. I did not eat much though, I guess turkey was just not too appetizing to me. Anyway, my uncle dropped me back at my apartment in the afternoon, and I thought I had my dinner later in the evening on campus. Well, guess what, that evening I found out that everything on campus was closed. All nearby restaurants and shops were closed. I did not have a vehicle at that time, and I always took a bus if I went around. But since every restaurant was closed, I did not see a point to go. Besides, it was already late in the evening. Alas, my uncle did not even explain this to me about this custom in the afternoon. So I finally I went to sleep with empty stomach that night. Imagine that... starving on a Thanksgiving night. I think I made the pilgrims cried some more back then...
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 29-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #4
sgtboat
Resident Redneck

Cool Typical

Played with Kids
Ate Turkey
Watched Football (American)
Ate Pie
Went to sleep.
All in all a great thanksgiving.

Heres wishing you all a happy holidays.
:thumbs:

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
"The price of freedom is the blood of Patriots"-Thomas Paine
Support You're Countries Veterans
:akimbo:
sgtboat is offline                         Send a private message to sgtboat